The definitive basic cellphone for AT&T/Cingular currently available.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Blue Flame, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Blue Flame macrumors newbie

First off, I hate cellphones in general.
    It's not that I'd rather not use them-they are handy devices and quite convenient in today's world. Anyway...

In an effort to keep calm, I will explain my "hate".
    I want a cellphone. I want it to make and receive calls/text, and have an address book. Long battery life is a must. A good selection of nice sounding ringtones, vibrate, and a good, well-thought out pad for
    texting/dialing/navigation. A design that shows effort, style, and sleekness in one without compromise in operability or basic functions.
    I want a simple, basic, well-thought out, stylish, and not half-assed functional phone that can make/receive CALLS/TEXT. That's it.

I do not need a camera, I do not need to play videos. I do not need to surf the internet on my phone. I do NOT need a dedicated "shop ringtones/other crappy phone stuff" button. Half-assed designs can rot in a hole. Show some effort, people. I don't need games. And while I may be the minority, I can safely say do not need a color screen. A backlit monochrome screen would be awesome for my needs. More is less in my situation.

For ffs, if you are going to pack a phone with multimedia features, DO IT RIGHT, people!
    The iphone is a perfect example of it's type (for those advanced in english, an epitome). Well rounded on all sides, and the dialing/text interface actually DOESN'T suck. In fact, I happen to like the phone part of the iphone. I am considering if it is worth the money at the moment-even if I don't use the multimedia features, THEY ARE HIGH QUALITY and will be there if I ever need them. Same reason why I bought the macbook pro. I may not use all the features available, but it there if i need it and IT IS DONE WELL. I may get into an argument with a windows oriented person who is grounded in the notion that windows is superior, but I could care less. I like apple better. That can make all difference.

/rant

Now, what would any of you have any suggestions for basic cellphones carried by AT&T/Cingular? =D

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

What I would do, is look at the AT&T website, write down some phones that you are interested in and then try and find some reviews of them online. I like www.cnet.com because they give a pretty thorough review and there are reviews from people who own the phone. Once you narrow it down, I'd try and find a local store that has the model you are interested in so you can hold it and look at in person.

I hope this helps. Good luck and let us know what you get.