Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
i was about to hop in, but now that EA announced this is forthcoming for the mac....i'm waiting another month or so, but then i will be ALL over it :)

koops

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2007
London
I'm running this game on XP bootcamp, I have been running it at full res (1400 x 900) and all settings on high and there is no lag at all, great game!

EvryDayImShufln

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
One key to good gaming performance is to jack the nvidia settings in the nvidia control panel to "performance" instead of quality. It makes a big difference, especially in tiberium wars.

cdubs1983

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2007
C&C3 TW For mac???? When?? Where??

So I just bought a MacBook to "ease" into a Mac world, and I love it! Honestly, one of the very few reasons why I would buy a Win Machine was to play C&C! But then at MacWorld I heard the best news for my gaming fix-

MAC-NATIVE VERSION OF C&C TIBERIUM WARS!!

WOO HOO!! Relase in July!

But after that announcement and even as July Passed... no news, no website... the Mac C&C seemed to have gone AWOL right after its announcement...

Anyone know anything about C&C for Mac?

Dprime

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2008
Hey guys, I got this game today and am having a little trouble with it...

I have a
Macpro 2ghz dual
1gb ram
and 2x Nvidia 128mb video cards (each running 1 screen)

And to say the least the game runs like crap?!

The first problem is, around 50% of the time when I start the game up and press "play" it will come up with the box after that to indicate the game is loading and a couple of seconds later it will eject the CD off the desktop and come up with the "Cannot Locate the DVD ROM" message..

So I have to continually start and re-start it to get it to eventually pass that...

Second, it runs like absolute crap on anything but low (?!?!!)

And thirdly, when I exit the game, it screws around with my computer, locking it up, having the C&C mouse when I'm back into OSX instead of the normal mouse, and messing up my dock and menu bars...

Im not really happy at all considering it just cost me $99.95 (Australian) and from what Ive seen its full of bugs? Im guessing its something to do with my system, but can't understand what?

I understand that I need to upgrade my RAM, but it still should run alot better on atleast medium I would think considering some people are running it on Medium with laptops from what I have been reading..

Any help would be great,

Thanks in advance,
Brett

togermano

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2007

I have a
Macpro 2ghz dual
1gb ram

The first problem is, around 50% of the time when I start the game up and press "play" it will come up with the box after that to indicate the game is loading and a couple of seconds later it will eject the CD off the desktop and come up with the "Cannot Locate the DVD ROM" message..

So I have to continually start and re-start it to get it to eventually pass that...

And thirdly, when I exit the game, it screws around with my computer, locking it up, having the C&C mouse when I'm back into OSX instead of the normal mouse, and messing up my dock and menu bars...

Im not really happy at all considering it just cost me $99.95 (Australian) and from what Ive seen its full of bugs? Im guessing its something to do with my system, but can't understand what?

I understand that I need to upgrade my RAM, but it still should run alot better on atleast medium I would think considering some people are running it on Medium with laptops from what I have been reading..

Any help would be great,

Thanks in advance,
Brett
Did u get the latest update?

Dprime

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2008
Yeah I've updated it to 1.09.

Ive got it to run fairly reasonable on medium settings now, but it still lags a bit.

Matari

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2007
CnC tiberium mac - user maps? PC maps work?

My partner is looking for new user maps - but cannot find any that are mac compatible. So, do PC maps work? If so, any ideas on how to load them?

c4berfeidh

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2008

I have a
Macpro 2ghz dual
1gb ram

Any help would be great,

Thanks in advance,
Brett

Consider yourself lucky. I hit "play" on the start screen, and then I get a splash image and then...exactly dick. And EA is not helping.

Oh, yeah I patched, yeah I reinstalled...$60 and this is what I get?

MacNoobie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2005
Colorado
Ended up getting a new Mac Pro octocore 2.8 with the std 2GB of ram and installed XP SP2 in bootcamp and I modded a eVGA 8800GT superclocked edition and I can run C&C3 with Ultra Quality @ 2560x1600 with no problems.

thomanjones

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2006
DC
iMac 24" 128MB 7300, 4g RAM

Running the Wine-d Mac version - it's a flipbook at high, barely playable at medium, and runs full speed with all graphics on minimum. Only thing is the NOD nuke, if it's on screen when it hits, the game chokes for 30-120 seconds. Awesome game though, I just wish it a real Mac game instead of a port.

The online feature works well, though I get wtfpwned every single match :mad:

It's a much better 'family' game than WoW (my main addiction), since I can pause it.

tracksta6

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2008
I recently bought Tiberium Wars for my Macbook(2.4GHz/2GB RAM/250GB HD). It plays great except for one issue, the screen tints the color of my units. When I begin with my command center everything looks normal, however as soon as I build my first unit (vehicle, infantry) the entire screen tints the color of my faction. If I move over an area that has no units, the screen is un-tinted and appears normal, furthermore, if I move over an enemies units the screen tints the color of their faction/base.

I have no idea why it does this and it is incredibly annoying to play with. When I look at other peoples screenshots everything looks normal. I can't seem to find any basic info on this online or in the games FAQs.

If anyone knows what I am talking about, or has any ideas on how to fix it, I would be very grateful.

Tracksta6

iriejedi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2000
Nor Cal
Can't wait

Finally got my new MacPro.... or should I say Intel Chip Set. I was crushed when this was an Intel Only game. But matured enough to not buy a new computer JUST for a game.... like in the old days... but when the G5 lost its mind (could no find its DIMMs)... I ordered it AND this game.

I hope it is all that I hope it will be. I'll report on the performance of the New Mac Pro 2.8 + 8800 vid card soon.

So Ka Cited!

I recently bought Tiberium Wars for my Macbook(2.4GHz/2GB RAM/250GB HD). It plays great except for one issue, the screen tints the color of my units. When I begin with my command center everything looks normal, however as soon as I build my first unit (vehicle, infantry) the entire screen tints the color of my faction. If I move over an area that has no units, the screen is un-tinted and appears normal, furthermore, if I move over an enemies units the screen tints the color of their faction/base.

I have no idea why it does this and it is incredibly annoying to play with. When I look at other peoples screenshots everything looks normal. I can't seem to find any basic info on this online or in the games FAQs.

If anyone knows what I am talking about, or has any ideas on how to fix it, I would be very grateful.

Tracksta6

iriejedi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2000
Nor Cal
fyi - may be old news 1.09 patch available

New patch 1.09 available. well it was new to me - mac game files only had 1.08

amtctt

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2006
can anyone confirm that the "mac" version still allows you to play against PC players? I'm pretty sure it does, but just wanted to make sure.

hancock

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2008
im running it on my new 2.5 ghz macbook pro w/ 512 mb ram in osx I can run it on all very high settings except anti-aliasing without lag. it looks great but my computer gets very warm and the fans make alot of noise so i play in high settings so that it doesnt make so much noise. Its really fun but if you get frustrated by not winning get the pc version so you can get the trainer for cheating. haha. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.