The diff between Online stores and retailers.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by irsyadist, Oct 14, 2011.

1. irsyadist macrumors newbie

irsyadist

Hi guys, just a quick question though. I may be buying an iPad very soon. Whats the difference of getting an iPad 2 online through the Apple Online store and getting it through Apple Reseller/Retailers.

Will the production date be differ? Thanks cheers.

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Hi irsyadist,

An Apple Store, or an Apple online store is a store run by Apple themselves. If you buy from there you'd be buying directly from Apple, which will get you your product for a fair price.

An Apple reseller is a separate company that is partnered with Apple, and has a deal with them to sell Apple products at their store. Apple resellers exist mainly in countries or areas where there are no official Apple stores. You will often pay higher prices to buy off an Apple reseller, however they may also do special deals with you if you buy more than one product from them ;)

Hope that cleared it up?

3. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

I believe The OP just meant retailer, not reseller. I could be wrong though.

To answer the OP's question, I don't believe there is any difference, except for when you purchase online you have a wait time before you receive your product.