iPhone The difference between tethered and untethered

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by FatPuppy, Apr 19, 2013.

1. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I have an iphone 4,I am on 6.0.1 jailbroken but my battery can't even make through the day,my shsh files for 6.1.2 are broken thanks to Saurik and I want to update to 6.1.3 and tether jailbreak.I want to know,is there any difference between tethered and untethered,besides that I have to connect my iphone to computer and boot,are there any slowdowns on tethered or any other problems?I can jailbreak with snowbreeze,it supports 6.1.3.

2. TC25 macrumors 68020

No.

3. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Thanks for your answer,I am still waiting for other answers just to hear more options.

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

5. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Your SHSH for 6.1.2 is most likely fine since you have an iPhone 4. Read this: http://www.saurik.com/id/15

Now, that out of the way, please be a little professional and don't blame experts like him. He has done so much to the jailbreak community. We all make mistakes.

6. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I have shsh for 6.1.2,6.1 but it says that apticket is not valid,so the files are useless.

7. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

The device just indicates you can use blobs, it doesn't mean that the blobs are valid

----------

No, there is no difference other than requiring a computer to boot the device

8. .Asa macrumors regular

I would definately not recommend a tethered jailbreak, espesically if your battery is bad. If it goes dead or gets turned off, you cannot reboot it until you get back to your computer. Also some tweaks require you to reboot after installing, and sometimes you just want to reboot to free up memory.
    There's not much difference between 6.0.1 and 6.1.3 anyway imo.

9. clockworkorange macrumors regular

There's really no reason to switch to untethered. If you're having problems, try draining the battery and letting it charge fully.

Also have your email fetch/push less frequently

10. TC25 macrumors 68020

Agree with the bad battery issue with a tethered jb. The other 2 situations are entirely controllable.

11. TheShadowXX macrumors regular

just wondering, why on earth would you want to be on a tethered jailbreak if you have untethered? lol

12. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

the first thing that jumps to mind is bug fixes, but then again I'm just assuming