The disappearing cursor...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by webbmc7, Mar 17, 2009.

1. webbmc7 macrumors newbie

My cursor (in all forms) on my macbook seems to be disappearing--it appears that every other column of pixels has gone clear as well as a clear border, leaving only a few black vertical stripes as the normal cursor. It's a black outline when it's the hand and it's a few colored stripes when it's the spinning wait cursor.

Interestingly, when you do the ctrl+zoom in a few degrees, the cursor reappears.

If anyone thinks it matters, I was in the middle of backing up via time machine when it disappeared...

Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. glenesharp macrumors newbie

Disappearing cursor

For some unknown reason the cursor on my iMac suddenly started disappearing randomly recently and I don't have even a theory of what changed to cause this frustrating problem. It appears that this has been a long standing Mac problem for some people but Internet searches have not identified anyone who knows the cause or what to do about it. A workaround for me until a cause and solution is found is to use Omnigroup's free Omnidazzle cursor utility. Whenever I need to find the cursor I just use the ctrl-` key combination to enable cursor highlighting. The option I use is the bullseye highlighter. You still can't see the cursor some times but you know it is in the center of the bullseye which you can toggle with the key combination. Perhaps not an elegant workaround but it sure is saving me a lot of frustration in being able to use my cursor.