The disk cannot be partitioned because...

siritalks

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
... some files cannot be moved.

I'm getting this error when trying to install Windows 7 via Bootcamp into a partition of 40GB (from 220 free GB).

I've read through a lot of the potential ways to sort this, but I'm a bit of a computer noob truth being told and I don't understand half the things people are telling me.

What is the easiest way for me now to install Windows in Bootcamp? A step by step guide would be great. I'm pretty reluctant to wipe my current Hard Drive, even though I do already have a backup saved in Time Machine.

Any help would be great...

kpgh554

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2011
iver england
... some files cannot be moved.

I'm getting this error when trying to install Windows 7 via Bootcamp into a partition of 40GB (from 220 free GB).

I've read through a lot of the potential ways to sort this, but I'm a bit of a computer noob truth being told and I don't understand half the things people are telling me.

What is the easiest way for me now to install Windows in Bootcamp? A step by step guide would be great. I'm pretty reluctant to wipe my current Hard Drive, even though I do already have a backup saved in Time Machine.

Any help would be great...
try looking here for info.--http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=search&src=support_site.kbase.search&locale=en_GB&q=bootcamp

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.