The Diving Bell & The Butterfly (film)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by shecky, May 18, 2008.

1. shecky Guest

shecky

anyone else see this movie? i just saw it the other night and i have to say, it was one of the best films i have seen in a long time. really exceptionally well done.

anyway, a strong recommendation in case you are looking for something on DVD.

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I agree. I saw it in the theater after my parents encouraged me to see it, and it was simply amazing. The story is true, and sad, but not a downer of a movie. It avoided silly sentimentality and in fact I found it to be uplifting. I think it should have won the Oscar for Cinematography.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

The book was great, and an easy read for anyone wondering (I read it at age 12). My exams finish in two weeks (I'm not gonna watch any films before then), so I'd like to know if anyone who has read the book thinks the film lives up to it.

4. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

love this movie, want it on dvd, the book is so good...

ten thumbs up...

5. fishmama macrumors newbie

The movie was superb. I had lent the book to a colleague of mine, and when she got the film society announcement of the special showing she sent it to me. So I took my sister and a friend to see the move last fall. There aren't many movies that make me cry...

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Come to think of it, no movie deserves this particular icon more than The Diving Bell & The Butterfly:
    ;)

7. walangij macrumors 6502

Saw it in the theater with my girlfriend, immediately got the book and read through it the next day. A beautiful movie and it reminds me to always enjoy living life to the fullest.