The drama continues: Boot Camp does NOT recognize line-out on Mac Pro!!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by CaptSaltyJack, Sep 18, 2008.

1. CaptSaltyJack macrumors 6502

This issue applies to mac pro ONLY. Boot into Windows (via Boot Camp), plug your speakers (if they aren't already) into the line-out jack in the back of the Mac (do I get points for that alliteration?). No sound, period, no matter how you try to configure the sound options.

I've had it with this, I really have. And Apple keeps dodging responsibility, blaming Windows. It is NOT A WINDOWS ISSUE. The Boot Camp drivers are at fault for not recognizing the line-out jack in the back of the Mac Pro. I've resorted to plugging my speakers into the headphone jack on the front, that way I get sound in both Mac OS and Windows. But it's an ugly solution.

I want Apple to take responsibility for this and fix it. Or if anyone has a fix, I'd greatly appreciate it!

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

Did you do your part and contact Apple about it? Or are you just b!tching about it on forums not even run by Apple?

3. CaptSaltyJack thread starter macrumors 6502

If trying to get support from a Mac Genius in-store counts as talking to Apple, then yes.