The Dream Thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Legolamb, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

I rarely remember dreams, and am usually too lazy to record the bits and pieces I do remember, which is said to help improve vivid dreaming. I wonder if you guys would want to have a dream thread/log. Who knows, if enough of us post, maybe we'll generate a collective dreamstate that our computers can feed of off, and start dreaming of electric sheep
    (Blade Runner-style) or electric bunnies (see below).

Here's last night's. (Not the first Mac dream I've had, just last night's).
    I seemed to have wandered into a conference area off of the Company Store. There were a number of demonstrations of new software applications, but the one that caught my interest was a guy standing next to a large screen. It looked like a picture of a roller coaster set in the mountains, and there were bunny-like creatures (less creepy than Donnie Darko) in the coaster chatting with each other.

Then the guy touched something on the screen and the roller coaster started careening down the mountains. I was staring at one of the bunnies and it jumped out of the coaster and stood next to me. I touched it, and while it had a slight digital, holographic feel, it was also very soft and cuddly. The guy said it was all done in HyperTalk and that the new OS is bringing back a souped up version of HyperCard.

I was really excited about that and asked him why, after all these years, they finally got around to bringing back my favorite program. He introduced me to Steven Spielberg sitting at a nearby table. Steve said that all of the directors were clamoring for it. I went back to the guy, with the bunny following me and asked him if I could see the code. He said, sure, and flashed it on the screen. It was only a few lines of code, very elegant and intuitive. It all made sense, and I woke up.

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

i had a dream that Apple released a 10" MacBook and a 19" MacBookPro. i have no idea why i remember it, but it was really cool :D

about a decade ago, when i was 7 and my parents were buying a G3 iMac, we had to vote to choose a colour. i had a dream where i had all 5 different coloured iMacs in the room, and i was somehow using all of them.

do i qualify for a mac nerd... :rolleyes:

3. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Last night I dreamed I was using my Mini.

I must have a real colorful imagination. :)

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Nah, just means you are online too much.

If the Mini would actually chase a cat around the room and eat it, or the Mini tries to bore a hole into your skull and implant itself into your head, etc. then you would have a colorful imagination.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I can't share my Mac-related dreams here.........too sexual.

6. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

LOL!!!. . . [​IMG]

I wasn't anywhere near ready for that one. :p

7. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

That's strange because I rarely remember my dreams and don't dream of my computer but last night I did. I dreamed I was using acquisition and suddenly all these files were appearing on my desktop and I got a bit worried and I remember thinking in the dream that it didn't matter because I had the whole drive backed up...The gf has these really exotic dreams where 'amazing' things are always happening. Not me.

Sad isn't it.

8. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Before the macbook was released I dreamed up a laptop called the iBook Pro. instead of an apple logo on the front it said "iBook Pro" with lit-up writing. it was indeed 13" and had magsafe. With a core duo processor. I don't know If I thought it up based on the rumors or what but it was pretty cool!

9. b0tt094 macrumors 6502

b0tt094

I know this isnt mac but still.... I had a dream I blew up a T-Rex w/ a bazooka in front of McDonalds, It was fun:D

10. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    I dreamt that the earth was going to be destroyed by a huge meteor and that I was picked as one of the 12 survivors who were going to be sent to Mars. I was ambivalent about the whole thing and thought other people should have my seat. I also was unsure if I should take my laptop and power supply.

11. Legolamb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

Didn't mean to imply ONLY Mac dreams. But I'm sure some shrink is going to say every sex dream is really just a substitute for our inner Mac lust.

12. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

The (Un)Official Post Your Weird Dreams Thread

I had a weird dream last night, and it got me thinking: Why not start a weird dreams thread so people on MacRumors can share there weird dreams.

Well, anyway, I'll start:
    In all seriousness, this is the dream I had last night.
    I dreamt that my dad bought Windows Vista, and was trying to install it on a 5GB partition. Just the fact alone that he's trying to install Windows on a iMac G4 is weird enough. I told him there was no way he could do it, Vista was just too big (not taking into account that Boot Camp could not work on a PPC Mac). Then after we got it figured out, and got Vista running :eek: , I asked him if I could install it on my MacBook Pro (which magically turned into a MacBook, oh the horror!), and then I woke up.
    Weird, I have never had a computer-related dream before.

13. BigPrince macrumors 68020

I forget my dreams shortly after I wake up. Some of them are quite out there.

14. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

haha, that might have to go in the you know when your an applegeek if.....

15. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Mine are always about being able to fly like peter pan :)

16. b0tt094 macrumors 6502

b0tt094

This is my dream from last night, I dreampt that I had a dream about waking up from a dream about a party, then telling all my friends about it. I really thought I woke up too, becuase the people that were in my dream were in the same room i was sleeping in, plus I woke up in the same spot I fell asleep in... it was the most bizarre thing to have happen. Waking up from waking up:p