The ECW X-Stream on WWE.com - Windows Exclusive?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Innovator, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Innovator macrumors newbie

Hi all. WWE.com has a weekly video feature called "The ECW X-Stream" that plays the tuesday night show in its entirety (http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/webshows/5673302/ecw75_). I've been completely unable to get video to work on anything I've tried outside of Windows (Safari and the Gecko-based Songbird on my MacBook; Firefox, Konqueror, and Opera on Ubuntu Linux). This puzzles me, as WWE's extensive use of Mac computers has been well-documented. For the most part, everything else on this website (including other videos) has worked completely fine. Is there anything I can do on my part to make this content more compatible? Thanks in advanced!

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

I just clicked on your link and got the video. Do you have this installed? http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/wmcomponents.mspx

3. Innovator thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I have Flip 4 Mac. I think I should've pointed out that the initial logo and advertising work fine in all scenarios. Problems begin at the show's intro and everything afterward.

4. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

D'oh, guess I should have watched past the initial advertisement. :p

Not sure what the problem is then. Have you gotten this particular week's episode to work in Windows? Might be an issue on their side.

5. Innovator thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, I was successful in playing it on Windows with Firefox. I've only tried this week's show on my MacBook, but I know I've tried to play at least two shows on Linux with no success.