The email I gave when setting up.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sgt.Pepper, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Sgt.Pepper macrumors member

So when I first got my computer, and I went through the inital setup procedure, the computer asked for my email. I've since got a new email and was wondering how do I change the email I first gave to my new email?
    The same question could be applied to other details, such as address or phone number, etc.

2. belvdr macrumors 601

I think if you call Apple, you can get it updated. I don't know of any way of doing this from your system.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Of course you can change your contact information. You change your email account in Mail in the Accounts tab of its preferences pane and/or you may add as many new accounts as you like. You may also change your contact information in the Address Book. Is that all you want to do, or do you want to do more?

4. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

You mean at the Registration Portion of the install of Mac OS X? aka the Set Up Assistant.

you may be able to change the registered email in address book, but i dont think that will be sent to Apple for notifications and updates.

What you will need to do in order to accomplish this is to either do a reinstall or remove the set up assistant and have it register again.

removing the set up assistant requires a few steps using Single User Mode.

5. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Just change the e-mail address associated with your Apple ID / iTunes store account.

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i don't think it really matters... they send you promo's that are nothing but advertising the new ipod...and they might use it if you buy something in the (apple) store to send you the receipt.

7. Sgt.Pepper thread starter macrumors member

Thanks all.
    I just changed it in my iTunes Account, and in my Address Book.
    If I'm dealing with Apple where my email address comes up in the future I'll just inform them then, but I was mainly referring just to what the computer has stored as my email.