the "end" key

nissan.gtp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Virginia
the "end" key above the arrows doesn't take the cursor to the end of the line like I expect (and want).

don't see any way to get this to work, any ideas out there ?

thanks

PS the new keyboard is excellent

nissan.gtp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Virginia
Look under the help menu of the Pages WP application (in iWorks) and you will find a list of KB shortcuts....

Option+ right arrow end of word
Command + right arrow end of line
ah nice, I think my fingers can learn that, thanks

geeze some days I miss the old EDT editor :vms:

nissan.gtp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Virginia

hardhatmac

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2006
Utah
points out, DoubleCommand can give you the PC version of this function, if you ultimately decide that's what you want.

I love you...really I do.

I've been on macs for a couple years now and I still find myself hitting the "end" key to get to the end of the line....but it's never worked until now...

Tison

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2008
Macbook keyboard shortcuts

I have just inherited a macbook, running os x. And so I'm learning as well.

To anyone else struggling - Be sure to check your keyboard shortcuts within the program that you're using first! (e.g. Dreamweaver!) Then, check your system preferences if need be.

In my case, I had to create a new keyboard shortcut profile because the default dreamweaver profile was completely different from the system's configuration?! (Thus I would be using a windows keyboard during the day, a mac at night, and shuffling between dreamweaver's keyboard profile and the system's configuration - no way.)

So, for me, I reset dreamweaver's keys to the macbooks's default configuration which is:

Cmd + Right Arrow = End of line
Shift + Cmd + Right = Highlight to end of line
Cmd + Left Arrow = Beginning of line
Shift + Cmd + Left = Highlight to Beginning

Option + Right = Jump to next word
Option + Left = Jump to last word

Cmd + Up Arrow = Jump to Beginning of file
Cmd + Down Arrow = Jump to end of file

Also:

Fn + Delete = Actual Delete (forward delete)
Delete = Backspace :)

Farfallazurro

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2010
I use fn + right arrow to go to the end of the line and alt + right arrow to go to the end of a word, with the arrow to the left works in reverse.