Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chewbee

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Seriously, how about toning down the negative emotions in here? I like this site, but searching for informative, fun threads is making my eyes bleed.

I suggest that the next time the rumors start up, everyone have fun with it instead of going haywire with anger and frustration.

Remember when talking about Apple was fun?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
A BIg YES

Seriously, how about toning down the negative emotions in here? I like this site, but searching for informative, fun threads is making my eyes bleed.

I suggest that the next time the rumors start up, everyone have fun with it instead of going haywire with anger and frustration.

Remember when talking about Apple was fun?

To your post! Let's forget the iPhone hype for a while and get back to some sense of normality. Plenty of other stuff to discuss.....Like I'm having a few issues with Aperture 3 (it's good, but they've moved things around a bit) I haven't posted anything because all seem intent on slating the new phone!

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
People will do this every.... single... year.... that Apple doesn't come out with some radical new design. Time to get used to the whining now instead putting it off until next year ;)

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
This sort of thing happens with every major product release. People convince themselves that, despite all of the evidence to the contrary, the "best" but otherwise least likely rumors will come true. For some reason, people have this notion that Apple pulls off these huge surprises at every event, when in reality most of them are quite predictable. Then when there is no huge surprise and the impossible rumors don't come true, they act as if Apple has done them some sort of personal injustice.

Things will start to get back to normal once the phone is actually released. And probably some large percentage of the most vocal critics will end up with one anyway after they see it in person or get caught up in the pre-ordering hype.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.