the end of the beginning

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bucharoo1, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Bucharoo1 macrumors member

Bucharoo1

the ipad is the arrival of the next major shift in info saturation. the value of the accessibility to all this stimulus will now shift to the user to determine. it will take time. apple saw the vision much more clearly than gates. ms makes business machines, typewriters. apple makes information access portals that happen to also be business machines.
    until now, greed-driven corporations have decided where this was going and how we were going to get there. The machine drove the content.
    now many souls have exited fruitful lives and become slaves to the machine. there is little hope fore them. but those that allow the value of the content to drive them will inherit the new age and begin to honor the relentless passage of time.
    ipad is a glimmer of the machine becoming secondary to the content. it will allow us to recede the machine to the background of the content gathering process and reduce that process to a flick of the wrist.
    ipad is infancy. but it is the harbinger of a new age.
    content driven life.
    quality can now thankfully trump quantity.

2. mstout macrumors member

Buch, I think you win the prize for deepest post of the week. Nice. Personally, I believe the machines are only as good as the content. When the novelty wears off, I have to love what's on it. The iPad is the beginning. Ain't it cool?

3. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

What I believe.....that sentences begin with capital letters. Save artsy-fartsy for the poetry forum. :cool:

Steps off of soap box...

Steve

4. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

I personally like the taste of the kool-aid also!

5. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

At the end of the day, despite the hyperbolic worship, it is still just a tool.

6. C8XY macrumors 6502

My interest in the content is directly proportional to the device I’m viewing it on.

7. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

I deleted your nasty-gram PM. Not going to bother responding.

-Sent from my Macbook....my "iPud"....as you referred to it in the PM....is sulking. I told it what you said and now it's feelings are hurt. Seems to be the theme for today based on the tone and content of your PM.

On a more serious note....I get annoyed as hell when people speak but don't say anything....like I did in my first response to this thread.....sorry for making the keys click without contributing.

Steve

8. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

On the contrary, I think your first comment added the tinge of colour that keeps MR forums interesting, or at least light. It didn't read as an attack on the OP. Instead it pointed out a peculiarity, albeit insignificant, throughout such a lofty manifesto (okay not so lofty). But it does beg to be pointed out.

Then again, so does the irony in you doing so while showing your own penchant for grammatical misuse/overuse of the all-too-familiar "......"

Hope I contributed with my clicks! :D