The end of the line for OSX

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Deepshade, Jun 25, 2010.

1. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If that is true, that would be terrible. iOS is not a bad name and I can understand the reasoning stated in that article, but Mac OS is such a strong name and Apple does not really need the change of name, as Mac OS is widely recognized.

But if they would go the iOS Desktop, iOS Server and iOS Mobile route, it would sound more like Microsoft though, with all of its versions of Windows.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I can see it happening but if true, it's a long term thing. Not going to happen anytime soon. A touch enabled iMac may be a way for Apple to test the market. If you love your iDevices, it would be natural to buy a desktop or laptop with a very similar OS.

3. stuarthatto macrumors regular

Isn't IOS a Cisco trademark? I am sure iOS is close enough for them to be unhappy.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

5. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

I don't see your point... they already managed to get permission for iOS 4.

They are not even in competing fields. Cisco builds routers and network switches (commercial ones, not just home routers), not "mobile devices" and computers.

6. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

It would not bother me as long as they did not lock us to the App store and give us the iOS interface?

I would rather they go back to System? I hated it when they changed to Mac OS and still do not like it? I just think saying System X would sound cooler than Mac OS 10.

7. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

8. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I liked OS X. I expected Lion cat with it for the last cat.

9. stuarthatto macrumors regular

I missed the agreement with Cisco - so obviously Apple knew Cisco would be unhappy and did the right thing - competing fields or not they cant both use the same trademarked name - WITHOUT an agreement. Thats the whole point of a trademark.

10. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009