The end of the printed word?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ajax43, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

It would be actually great to have this available in an e-book format for iPad.

2. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

Absolute trash, the OED will still be printed long after the iPads successor has vanished.

3. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

I read somewhere that the dictionary compilers have been working on the latest edition for something like 20 years or more. You would think it would be quicker to simply update the current edition rather than starting from scratch each time. Reminds me of certain episode of “Blackadder”.

4. ajax43 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, when I downloaded a book from the Amazon Kindle store into my Kindle app, I also got a free copy of the Oxford Dictionary of English. I know I did not order it...I guess it just came with the first order I made. Kinda cool I guess.:cool:

5. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

When they saw you were from Canada they probably thought you might need it. :D

6. ajax43 thread starter macrumors regular

Good one lolol. I am an American, just moved up here last year for school. But yeah..I could still use it, because I am originally from Kentucky lol.:D

7. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Kentucky? I'm surprised they didn't send you two. Just kidding - I have fond memories of a few business trips to Louisville some years ago

8. ajax43 thread starter macrumors regular