the event in June

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigwayne3000, Apr 22, 2010.

1. bigwayne3000 macrumors regular

Ok so we all know this is pretty much the next iphone. In June/July Apple is having that conference, can you see Jobs using the guy who lsot the phone in a comical way at the event? Do you think he'd even make mention of this leak at the event or just try to not even bring it up? I think at this point it'd be hard for him to ignore so I think he could use it as a comical element somehow in his conference.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

If the phone we saw was the finished design of the iPhone I can see Steve Jobs mentioning it in passing in a funny way.

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Steve doesn't really strike me as having a sense of humor, especially about something like this.

I can't say I believe there'll be any mention of it.

4. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

If the iPhone being released is the leaked prototype, he HAS to mention it. I mean, everybody in the room will have seen it so he can't just pretend nobody has and say, "wait til you see this! Surprise!".

He's going to have to come up with a witty joke to introduce the phone and then go on to show some of the new features that we didn't find out by seeing it before the official unveiling.

5. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

What happens if apple decides to delay the iPhone back a couple of months because of the leak.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

He won't use the guy at the event. I bet he does mention it. He has mentioned past leaks and rumors at events.

7. androiphone macrumors 65816

how I thought it would happen is, you know how they had a sofa on stage and thats how they introduced the iPad,

well steve jobs would come on stage and tell us the usual sales, stocks boring bit, then he would walk across the stage sit down on the sofa, feel like he has sat on something, reach down the back of the sofa and hey presto pulls out the iPhone that was left/lost there.

8. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

I think you missed this:

[​IMG]

9. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

I almost spit my Cheerios out my nose:

10. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I certainly did.

It was probably written for him. ;)

11. androiphone macrumors 65816

he's another:

steve jobs it telling us something on the sofa, he then gets up to walk over to the platform to give us a demonstration of the iphone, like he does, part way there he pats his pockets, turns around back to the sofa where he left the iPhone :rolleyes: (perhaps saying thank goodness gizmodo isnt here (esp. if they are not invited))

12. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Absolutely zero possibility of this happening EVER.

:D

No but really it would be nice if he did I think. At the original iPhone launch he said "This is what it looks like" with a picture of an iPod with telephone dial:
    [​IMG]

At the iPad launch he put up the Commandments quote:
    [​IMG]

I can see something like this happening.

13. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I doubt they want to give Gizmodo any press.

14. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

Ha! androiphone, good one. Here's another variation:

Steve is about to introduce the iPhone.

"And I have it right here". Pats his pockets, can't find it. Looks to the audience: "Jaaaasoooon..." Smiles and pulls out the phone. Camera focuses on Jason Chen red as a tomato.

15. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

if what we have seen isnt the final product, he might say "i'm aware that the new iphone leaked a little while ago, and because of that we couldn't let that spoil the surprise of the new iphone" or something to that extent