the ever elusive iPhone 6 problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nouveau-apple, Nov 10, 2014.

1. nouveau-apple, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014

nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

So, welcome to the club. Anyone else not have an iPhone yet because you don't want to get it shipped and you haven't been able to catch one in the store?

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

Same here.l I'd much prefer direct at the Apple store, I'm just waiting for the stock to catch up since I really want the 64GB Verizon model.

3. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's crazy because I want an iPhone more than I did last year. I can't wait as long as I did last year for the 5s. I need it today. It's probably because a bigger screen was a huge priority for me.

4. techspin macrumors 6502a

If you really wanted one, you'd have one by this time. :D There are a number of sites where you can sign up for notifications when stores have them in stock. Especially if you're after a Sprint model.

5. Make7UpYours728 macrumors member

Make7UpYours728

still waiting for a 6 plus 64gb t-mobile, at this point i might as well wait till black friday and hope to find any kind of sale

6. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

that sounds depressing

and with the holidays upcoming you have to wonder if stock will increase or decrease even more

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's more like the "I didn't want to preorder and have it shipped so I'm 6/6+-less" club.

8. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

hey don't make fun of daisies

9. bushido Suspended

bushido

i randomly walked into a local store last thursday and bought a 64gb 6 in gold. they had planty in stock while every other idiot in Frankfurt runs straight to the apple store which never seems to have any in stock. made me laugh

10. Delmar macrumors 6502

Supply is beginning to be more consistent now. You shouldn't have much of an issue walking into your local Apple store & finding what you want.

11. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Go to the Apple Store right when they are opening. They get there stock the previous night when they are closing. So first thing in the morning is your best bet.

I got mine was the Tuesday after launch day, my day off, was first in line and got my Gold 128. I wanted the 64g, but happily took the 128.

I have never seen any available on-line at the Apple Store.

12. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Same boat as you. I'm waiting around Thanksgiving week. They should have them by then.

13. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

Had mine shipped to my door step launch day due to preorder. Why are some people hell bent on making this so much harder than need be? Stop blocking yourself from being happy. Order the damn thing online and enjoy!

P.S. When you order online you get exactly what you want. Going to a store you may be limited to what they have available.

14. ssl0408 macrumors 65816

I don't have an iPhone 6 because Apple sent me one that was dangerously hot while using it so I had to ship it back to them :(

15. Make7UpYours728 macrumors member

Make7UpYours728

waited in line like herded cattle at the apple store this afternoon. no blue shirt coming out to talk to the line to let us know what was in stock
    after 45 min we were told there was only 16, 128 6+ no 64...

ugghhhh it continues.

16. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Just order online with local pickup, that will show you if there's any inventory. That's how I bought my iPhone.

17. RoarinRow macrumors regular

RoarinRow

iPhone 6 Tracker Site

I used this site to track inventory of the iPhone 6. Once I got an email from the site that inventory was available at my local Apple store, then I drove down and picked up my phone same day. Took about 45 minutes, including waiting in line and activating the phone.

Add your info to the inventory tracking site here - http://6tracker.com/

Good luck!

18. GrecoISU macrumors member

You won't find any sales on iPhone 6 Plus.

19. Kiimora macrumors 6502a

Kiimora

6+ 64GB Space Grey

thot the frenzy had subsided & I could just stroll into an Apple Store & pick one up, I eventually gave up & ordered just over 3 wks ago.

Hence playing the waiting game...order status is still Processing#

20. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Apple Stores nearby seemed to have gotten some stock in today.:)

21. vonWachtstain macrumors regular

Here in CT since Monday stores are stocked up on Grey and Silver 16GB and 32GB iPhone 6. I'm actually returning my iP6 today. I will keep my 5S. 6 isnt really an upgrade and if I have to be extra careful so it doesnt bend then I would rather wait for 6S or maybe my first time primary Android.

22. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

I'm actually going back to iOS this time around:rolleyes:. I don't mind either OS's, they both have their pros and cons.

23. Cubytus macrumors 65816

Maybe they don't want UPS to yet again screw a delivery?

24. CEmajr macrumors 601

I thought you were waiting until Nov. 25th for the one that says "unlocked" on the box anyway. Had a change of heart?

25. vonWachtstain macrumors regular

For me it is really hard. I have big family and most have iPhones and I get to answer a lot of questions. It helps I have one. But Androids fascinate me. Especially M8 and Turbo with that nylon back. Really nice looking devices. And my iPhone 6 looks worse than 5S.