The Ever Fearful Update!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cilvaringz, Jul 8, 2009.

1. cilvaringz macrumors newbie

I told myself not to do it. Don't update the Safari software to 4.0, you know how they always mess up these things. And yet, per accident I did.

Of course Safari 4.0 doesn't work. Every time I open it, it shuts down. iChat also doesn't work anymore, and even the Dashboard shuts down every now and then.

In addition, the computer feels incredibly slow. I can't download rapidshare links on iGetter anymore and everything just feels wrong.

Countless threads have been opened on this matter with a variety of different problems for different people. Yet I have not read a proper solution. I have seen all kinds of technical solutions being offered but I'm not a computer wiz and I do not know the terms they use. I just want to go back to Safari 3.2 or at least the one before the 4.0

But I read that deleting Safari 4 and reinstalling 3.2 won't work because of a certain webkit that got installed with it, making it impossible to go back.

So hereby my plea, if anyone, in the most simple terms can explain to me what happened and how to undo this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, T

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Uh, something is going on. I've got 3 Macs and Safari 4.0 has not affect either one of them.

3. fireman13 macrumors 6502

I just got a new update for safari. 4.0.2 I think. I didn't really look to be honest. I think it was about 40mb. I never use safari so I don't know if it will correct any of your problems

4. motownflip macrumors regular

update is flawless for me. Sorry to hear you are having problems.

5. vanc macrumors 6502

No problem for me after update. Perhaps some plugins you have caused the issues. I just have the ADBlock plugin installed.