All iPads The Evolution of iPads

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dball4, Oct 17, 2014.

1. dball4 macrumors regular

Apple has me hooked because every year without fail I purchase a new iPad and slowly build up to the next size up.

I started with the first iPad with only 16GB.

I skipped the iPad 2 and got the "New iPad" 32GB

Skipped the 4th Generation because I had just purchased the 3rd Generation.

I bought the iPad Air 64GB because I was running out of storage on my previous device. I swore off the 128GB saying I would never need the space.

Guess what, Im buying the iPad Air 2 because I want it and I'm running out of space on my current one.

They have me hooked. What about you what did you start with?

2. applefanatic11 macrumors newbie

Have had every amazing ipad until they came out with the unbelievably awesome ipad mini. I have had every single mini iteration and will be grabbing the third ipad mini. Just an amazing device.

3. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

I started with the iPad 2, and I'll be upgrading for the first time next week. That's why I'm a little more excited about iPad Air 2 than most people.

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I started with a Commodore PET (Personal Electronic Transactor). Worked my way up from there. Pretty sure I'm in for several hundred grand worth of gadget dollars since.

5. scupking macrumors 6502a

Thought the iPad was a gimmick. Didn't buy one until the iPad 3 just to try it out. Got hooked sold it bought a mini, sold mini bought an air. Didn't like the screen on the air I got so returned it and bought a rMini. Just ordered a air 2 today. Apple has me hooked on the iPad. Favorite ipad has been the rMini so far.

6. Ev0d3vil macrumors 6502

Started with the one, got it second hand in December 2011. Sold it to get a new 2 at January 2012 because it was too laggy and finally sold the 2 recently to get the 4

7. Fzang macrumors 65816

Fzang

iPad - Slow as damn. Incapable of pretty much anything.
    iPad 2 - Blazing fast. No retina though.
    iPad 3 - Retina! But slow as hell.
    iPad Mini Retina - Fast, retina, perfect size for holding without getting cramps.

Maybe I'll buy a gold mini at next iteration.

8. HolyGrail macrumors 6502

HolyGrail

What was wrong with the screen on the air? Doesn't it look nicer then the mini?

9. mvmanolov macrumors 6502a

got the iPad 3 as a gift when it first came out... loved it then and still find it very useful now... just ordered Air (1) don't really need the newest ;)

10. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Started with a ipad 2 and really enjoyed it. Handed that down to my daughter and now I use an Air which I love. I'm not the type to upgrade every year or every two years. My Air will last me for a while.

11. Radiating macrumors 65816

I actually started with 64 and moved to 16gb with the iPad. I'm thinking of going for 64 again only due to it working out to be free when you consider resale value.

12. Billy95Tech, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014

Billy95Tech Suspended

I still haven't owned a Ipad yet, I have 3 tablets 2 Androd tablets and a Windows 8 tablet.

I really want the Ipad Air 2, Buying the new Ipad Air 2 would be awsome and i really like how powerful it is and the apps that are made for the Ipad, faster WIFI and the new version of IOS 8 and all the good stuff.

But i most probably have to wait till Christmas or it be highly likely it will be February(my Birthday) to get the Ipad Air 2 the WIFI only with 64GB storage. :)

1st i am going to have to sell my low end(very underpowered and laggy) Android tablet(Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7) that i never use in order to get the new Ipad Air 2......

But i will keep my 2 high end(powerful) tablets my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and my powerful 11.6inch Windows 8 tablet Acer Inonia W700(I5 Core) as i don't want leave Android and Windows 8.

My Acer Iconia W700 i can't sell because it has replaced my Windows 8 laptop and it is my main/primary computer and i have been using Windows pretty much all my life so i would badly miss Windows if i sell it.

If anyone asks why don't you sell the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 aswell?

I don't want to sell my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 because i like Android and i don't want to leave Android as i be only been using Android since last Christmas and i like the hardware/software it has and the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 is much more powerful, Faster, has a much better display and everything is better on it than my old Galaxy Tab 2 7 that i never use so it makes sense to sell the Galaxy Tab 2 7 and keep my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4.

13. hamiltonDSi macrumors 68000

hamiltonDSi

Started with the iPad 4 16GB - sold it to buy an iPad Air 16GB - sold it to buy an iPad Air 32GB - skipping the Air 2.

14. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

iPad 3... still in service. Went with an iPad mini and then a retina iPad mini as work devices; would have upgraded to the third iPad mini if they had upgraded the processor, as I can use every speed boost I can get. Alas...

Considering upgrading the iPad 3 this year if the iPad Air 2 has 2 GB of RAM. My home iPad doesn't get upgraded much since I don't have as much a need for performance with it; I could just as easily go another year, possibly two, with the iPad 3.

15. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Do you sell them before getting a new one?

16. Jony Ive macrumors member

I started with the iPad 2
    Then the iPad 3, the Air and now the Air 2

I love the iPad! I'm laying in my bed right now, writing this comment with the iPad Air :apple: