The extra brightness on the series 2 watch is outstanding.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Jacoblee23, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

Recently purchased a series 1 and took it back for a series 2 mainly because I wanted the brighter screen. I am so glad that I did. The extra bright screen is really good. Did anyone else get a series 2 primarily for the brighter screen?

2. Ixidor macrumors regular

I got a Series 1 when launched but I upgraded to Series 2 (SS) three months later. The main reasons for the upgrade were the SS case (looks nicer) and on-board GPS (running without my phone was a game changer for me).

The sapphire screen, water proofing and brighter screen were all bonuses to me.

But I still kept my Series 1 watch (and the almost two years old Series 0). One is gold aluminium and the other space grey. Having different case colours is nice when switching to certain bands. Also allows sleep tracking.

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I didn't purchase the Series 2 strictly for the brighter display, but after owning the stainless Series 2, there is a substantial difference in the brightness. And you really notice it outside ambient lighting and in direct sunlight, where I can actually read the display. Its a great feature, especially with the stainless model.

If anyone is wondering, Gen 1/Series 1 is rated at 450 Nits and Series 2 is rated at 1,000 Nits.