The fake Sport bands are here...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by Knightcastle, May 10, 2015.

1. Knightcastle macrumors regular

Knightcastle

2. cjrzasa macrumors member

I'll let you know once mine arrives. I actually ordered one two days ago and it already shipped but given that its coming from China it could be a week or two (or three). Will post pics once it comes and check for some of the things members of this forum have pointed out such as the mid piece on the connector not being flush, issues with finish, etc. I have a black sports band now on my SS so it should be easy to compare.

3. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

The seller has good reviews, but I don't know if the quality is anything good. Pictures are straight from Apple.com so no actual pictures.

I would consider buying it but I already ordered a WSB at Apple for 69$ CAD so I'll just stay patient.

4. roddenshaw macrumors 6502

Just ordered one. Seems worth trying for £10. The pictures including watch bodies seem to be ripped from the Apple website, but the band only pictures are clearly not of the genuine Apple bands. What worries me is that these seem to lack the magnetic pin that keeps the band in place. Will report back when it arrives.

5. InAustralia macrumors 6502

InAustralia

I would think that these bands are going to feel terrible. They are made of silicon. I have purchased some of the silicon cases for iPhones off eBay in the past and they felt terrible.

I would hate to have that kind of silicon around my wrist for an extended period of time.

I would also think that silicon would be more likely to tear (which could turn into an expensive exercise if your watch gets damaged).

Anyway, hope they turn out all right though as it would be nice to have some good quality cheaper bands for the watch.

6. roddenshaw macrumors 6502

I worked for one of the first charities to start the silicone wristband craze, and so I wore one for a while. While it wasn't tight around my wrist, it still bears some comparison to a silicone watch band. The wristbands were very strong (certainly strong enough for a watch band), and didn't cause any problems with my (admittedly resilient) skin. Hopefully these knock-off bands will be okay too.

7. Knightcastle thread starter macrumors regular

Knightcastle

Look forward to hearing back on these

8. Knightcastle thread starter macrumors regular

Knightcastle

Any news?

9. chris-jenkins macrumors newbie

I doubt the quality will be anywhere near what the Apple one is. You get what you pay for and in this case it's going to be exactly that. I've been using the black sport band and can't complain. Nice quality

10. Knightcastle thread starter macrumors regular

Knightcastle

I already have a sport band too, but if you can pick up other decent quality ones on the cheap I wouldn't mind having at least one more colour.

11. jaeb0922 macrumors regular

jaeb0922

I'm interested in the quality and length (is it longer then apples?)

12. appleboyy macrumors 6502

I just want a red sports band and ill pay the first person to sell them, wether them being fake or apple originals..

13. Azzin macrumors 68040

I'm right with you.

I think my black Sport will look great with the red band.

Attached Files:

14. appleboyy macrumors 6502

I love it#

15. Neo1975 macrumors regular

16. codeboye macrumors member

17. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

18. roddenshaw macrumors 6502

Really? If somebody 'called me out' in public for wearing a particular watch band my response would not be polite.

19. Neo1975 macrumors regular

Isn't it just. No worry about it fitting though. Quite a clever way around not having to machine band adaptors.

20. malochico1 macrumors 6502

if you didn't pay for it, you can't call them out. Mind your own business and move on.

21. bushido Suspended

bushido

oh dear ... anyone remember those teletubbis?