Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
It was a TV wake-up call to see how packed Monday is, with some of the networks' biggest debuts competing against one another. Tonight alone marks the series debuts of Gotham, Scorpion, and Forever along with the returns of Big Bang, The Voice, Sleepy Hollow (meh), and The Blacklist... meanwhile, some summer shows are ending. I'm not even caught up on summer shows but it was a great summer for quality television. All of our DVRs will be working overtime while we decide what to watch, mark my words ;).

After all the hype surrounding other superhero-spin-off shows, I'm not expecting Gotham to be too sustainable in quality but it should debut to huge numbers for Fox. Scorpion looks interesting though, and I'll be giving that a shot. One of my most-anticipated new network shows is Stalker on CBS, which could be the thriller this season needs. However I'd have to echo critics in saying that this is one of the most bland fall seasons for series premieres in years.

Personally I like to give as many decent-looking shows the benefit of the doubt pending how much time I have to watch them so I'll try to watch as many premieres as possible.

P.s.: italicizing is too irritating on an iPhone :rolleyes:

Here's a master list of new Fall series, quite a few do look like they could either be great or average fare:

http://www.tvguide.com/special/fall-preview/new-shows.aspx

Last edited:

iPhil

macrumors 68040
I got my DVR set for BBT, but Blacklist S2 is in iTunes season pass list and purchased.. SVU is on DVR que And ABC series Marvels is in my iTunes Que .. no ads in iTunes seasons either...

iTunes cloud storage is wonderful thing .... :eek: I watch iTunes series via :apple:tv without the "local" storage ...

is there way to find out how much cloud storage you are using for movie / tv season per Apple ID? :eek:

Last edited:

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Looking forward to the final seasons of White Collar and Boardwalk Empire :)

The final season of Boardwalk Empire is three episodes in already, and intense as ever.

----------

I got my DVR set for BBT, but Blacklist S2 is in iTunes season pass list and purchased.. SVU is on DVR que And ABC series Marvels is in my iTunes Que .. no ads in iTunes seasons either...

iTunes cloud storage is wonderful thing .... :eek: I watch iTunes series via :apple:tv without the "local" storage ...

is there way to find out how much cloud storage you are using for movie / tv season per Apple ID? :eek:

Purchases use 0 cloud storage.

----------

I'm glad The Blacklist is starting back up tonight.:D

NBC's best show along with Chicago Fire!

Wow, I can't think of many worthwhile NBC series now that The Office and 30 Rock are over.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Network TV seems to get worse each year. I'm down to The Good Wife, The Blacklist and Person of Interest as the only network dramas I watch. None of the new shows really interest me and from what I've read and/or seen, won't make it past Thanksgiving.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.