'The file 'Update Info.plist' couldn't be opened'

Discussion in 'macOS' started by betbet, Dec 19, 2009.

1. betbet macrumors newbie

Could anyone help me with this problem:

every 2 hours i receive the error message : 'The file 'Update Info.plist' couldn't be opened' followed by "Cancel" or "Open Intego Backup Assistent"

I don't use the program Intego. I maybe installed it once in the past, but i already uninstalled it...

Somebody know how to solve this?

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

How did you uninstall it? The message suggests that the program is still active on your computer.

To uninstall there is this Knowledge Base article

3. betbet thread starter macrumors newbie

4. catherine todd macrumors newbie

Can't uninstall Intego backup since it doesn't show up in the Uninstaller list (that I downloaded from the link provided here... thanks)... I have never used the program and don't know how it got here, but it just won't go away!

After these messages started showing up, my MacBook Pro started malfunctioning and the "No Airport Card Installed" started showing up, when there is in fact an airport card installed. What a mess. Any ideas?

5. flacondengo macrumors newbie

I have the same issue! please help me!?@

i never had Intego and i just tried the uninstaller but there is nothing to uninstall. i don't want this to get any worse. i thought mac couldn't get viruses!

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:
    Macs can get viruses. They just don't, since no Mac OS X viruses exist in the wild. Macs can also get other forms of malware, of which there are a handful in the wild, in the form of trojans.

7. catherine todd macrumors newbie

Same goes for me, including not recognizing airport card. I was told to "reinstall system software" after wiping hard drive. I have to buy a bigger external hard drive to do a big backup on, but I don't know which one to buy because they all have terrible reviews of failures on Amazon. So the problem persists. Help!

8. flacondengo macrumors newbie

thank you!

Thanks! I had to delete the Back up app that came with the machine. i just hope time machine still works, i dont see why it wouldn't.