The files in my music folder?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ebonics, Nov 14, 2008.

1. ebonics macrumors member

Hi, I have a few questions about my music folder, and to save time and space I'll just put them in one thread.

In the album artwork folder of my iTunes music folder, I have three folders called - Cache, Download, and Local. Why are these folders separate? And Can I just put the contents all in one folder? Or do they need to be separated?

Secondly in my iTunes folder there are numerous folder called iTunes Library? Do I need to keep or those files and folders or can I delete them?

It looks a bit like this except there's more within the highlighted folder.

Attached Files:

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

just leave them where they are. Moving them will mess things up as iTunes won't know where to look for those resource files.

3. ebonics thread starter macrumors member

But why are there so many files labeled iTunes library? Because I don't remember there being that many. Is it going to continues making more?

Also for album artwork iTunes is unable to find, where do I put the files for the covers I went and got through scanning the covers, and finding the image on the internet?

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Just leave the files. Believe me, they're meant to be there and no it won't keep making more.

As for the images just highlight all the songs in the album that you want to add the album art to, then right click, get info, and then drag the image into the artwork field.

5. ebonics thread starter macrumors member