the final iPhone ever: your concept ideas

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by -BigMac-, Jan 20, 2016.

1. -BigMac- macrumors 6502a

-BigMac-

Hey guys.

Lots of threads about how should the next iphone look, what physical/software properties and features should it have? nah wayy too repetitive.

what do you think the final, ultimate iPhone will look like. Where do you think the future is headed?

final*= the point at which, Apple will no longer be able to innovate past this point. they have reached the ultimate device and progress has plateaued.

Forget about physical home buttons, think outside the box.

What would be your ultimate phone device like? What could it do, how would it look?

Lets have fun with this. Too many threads about iPhone 7 and iOS10

:apple:

2. Ev0d3vil macrumors 6502

We've reached a point of marginal returns imho.. But Apple may surprise.

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

There will never be a final iPhone imo. New features and functions will always come out.

4. noobinator macrumors 601

It will get bigger and thinner, then maybe smaller again, then we will wear it, then we will implant it, then we will just think about it.

5. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

i think iPhone 6S is pretty damn close to the final macbook solution. The only real innovation I can see is getting rid of the home button. My guess is apple will switch between a square and rounded edge design every 2 years to distinguish models.

next-generation will probably be a flexible screen iPhone that has a two piece design: a base with all the electronics and a flexible and retractable screen.

6. beernut macrumors 6502

-waterproof
    -antigravity mechanism to protect from drops
    -teleports back to homebase when it's misplaced

7. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

4K display, clear or translucent body, edge to edge display, 256GB or more, 4GB RAM, stereo speakers, inductive charging, an iOS version that isn't broken.

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I really hope they never get rid of the home button.

9. beernut macrumors 6502

you need to dream bigger :D

10. -BigMac- thread starter macrumors 6502a

-BigMac-

i think youre on the right track there..

but the be all end all iphone will hopefully have better specs even.

literally indescernable screen from real life. 10k on a 6inch screen.
    edge to edge screen.
    4g speed will be laughable.
    iPhone completely cloud based.
    internal storage for OS/apps only.
    completely solar powered.
    no input jacks at all.

outside of iphone is covered completely from

11. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

-Resolution one will not result in life-like display. There are other factors too such as black levels and color reproduction. Eventually cell phone screens will get to 10k resolution but I don't think anyone will care. Even 720p vs 1080p is hard to notice (iPhone 6s vs 6s+). Really high resolutions like those are best suited for VR applications where the display is only a few inches from your eyes.

-Edge-to-Edge screen isn't possible because of the camera and speaker modules.

- I get between 5-50mbps right now depending on connection. 50mbps LTE is gonna be fine for a really long time.

- Cloud-based iPhone will never happen. 1st the entire OS would be completely dependent on cellular signal to work. 2nd it would waste a lot of battery needing to transfer every commutation from the cloud to the device.

- Solar panels are completely impractical on an iPhone. Too energy inefficient. Even the Prius only uses solar panels to drive an a/c fan and not recharge the batteries. Best case scenario with an iPhone solar setup would require being outside on an sunny day with the back of the phone facing up to recharge it. Horrible idea.

- Lack of input jacks would make troubleshooting the device very difficult, no DFU mode for instance.

12. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I'd honestly rather performance improve exponentially rather than have a 4k display (any time soon). I don't feel the gains in 4k screens make up for performance loss. ANd I define perofmrance loss as the performance you lose going for 1080 to 4k. Hell, I would even be happy with a choice of 1080 versus 4k but with the same innards. I would likely pick 1080 every time, especially if it saves me money.

13. Rufuss Sewell macrumors 6502

True Blue Tooth. The CPU is implanted in our molar.

Our eyes are the cameras.

Our ears are microphones.

Our mind the display.

Our brain the hard drive.

Full sensory access to our entire nervous system.

Then...

We can download experiences.

Our uncle who was at Woodstock can torrent his experience and we can all download it and experience it as he did.

And so on.

14. Starfia macrumors 6502

Starfia

a rotary phone with a apple logo and a stick of dynamite in it.

15. sunapple macrumors 6502a

sunapple

I think we're looking for the 2050 model, all this could be done in the iPhone 7 if they tried hard enough. Save for the perfect iOS :D

16. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

The front screen to heat up and make popcorn....that's pretty out the box right? :p

17. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

2050? Implanted software / hardware package covered under your local health insurance. Biometric powered that can be adjusted to become part of BMI maintenance. Retinal display :D. Palm implanted game controllers with direct nerve linkup. Pretty much it will be integrated into every aspect of your bodily functions including... yup. That too.
    Crap. btw - it does come with a years supply of virtual toilet tissue. Hand washing is recommended for proper health.

18. sunapple macrumors 6502a

sunapple

I may or may not have exaggerated the 2050 bit :D

Thinking of futuristic ways of interacting with technology, the movie "Her" had a pretty cool idea. Can't remember it exactly, but something with a much better and smarter Siri in your ear, screen in your pocket whenever visuals are needed.

Five years? Ten?

No need for the iPhone in its current form.

Technology of the future probably just needs some way of presenting the visual part (screens, holograms, projection), the rest just comes from whatever tiny computer you bring with you everywhere. Interaction via voice or karate-air-gestures.

One device that casts to all kinds of screens.

19. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

[​IMG]

This will probably be the next big jump for cell phones. A flexible, retractable screen.

20. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Curious: why?
    I'l take bendable or holographic. Retractable? Not seeing it.

21. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

bendable will naturally go with retractable. The components like CPU and battery won't be flexible so cell phones will come with a rigid sections thus it makes sense to use that flexibility of the screen to roll it up for portability and protection.

22. predation macrumors 6502

remember the matrix nokia? soo awesome. lol

23. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

It will be the shape of my coffin, because any other iPhone after that will not matter to me. o_O

Until then, there will always be next "better" iPhone, Apple will ensure that.

24. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Apple will have to surprise with some unique feature to keep the ball rolling and the customers paying an Unsubsidized price.
    Remember when your paying up front it's different

25. nj-morris macrumors 68000

nj-morris

Hopefully not this

Attached Files: