The First set of Semi-Automatic iPod touch pranks

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Chris Stroud, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Chris Stroud macrumors member

ok guys, I have been working on this for a while now (things have been slow since 1.1.4) and I believe it is time lol.

I have a large set of pranks Applescript Applications that allows you to simply type in the IP address of an iPod touch or iPhone (with OpenSSH installed) and bam, it runs the script and whoever is playing with their iPod at the time gets pissed off when you keep spawn killing whatever app they are trying to open.

This is currently just for OS X users and maybe even just Intel Macs because I don't have a PowerPC to test on.

http://code.google.com/p/ipranks/

that is the new google code account I made and I think that you guys will enjoy.

note: if the victim is already using your iPod and you want to get them without asking for the iPod's IP address you can log into your router and view the attatched devices and go from their. all the innocent victim will see is for example, YouTube randomly closing. THIS DOES NOT DAMAGE YOUR SYSTEM. it is safe. I even have a script in there for the verbose mode boot time trick so, enjoy that. I am thinking about a future releases that has a script to open and close applications randomly, or force the iPod to have a random BSOD (don't ask I can make it work, it wont be real) so yeah, I'm also thinking about iPod backups too. if you have any requests, then sound them out. let me know what you think!

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Who did you try this on, and what was their reaction?

3. Chris Stroud thread starter macrumors member

well, I started this on my friend that was sleeping over last weekend, he was fooling with my iPod and I thought hmmm. so I started issuing terminal commands and he looked up at me, then re-opened safari. a little later I restarted the iPod in verbose mode and he jumped up and was really scared. I made him think he got me a virus lol (he wouldn't know the difference) then I showed him what I did and I thought that this could be something great to release to the public. A week later I have an almost fully automatic method of issuing commands, all you have to do is type your IP in the dialog box and there you go!

4. manram24 macrumors member

can u give us more info and screenshots on how u did this
    i think it is a cool idea but i can't get it to work
    thanx

5. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

How about along with this, you make a blocker, becouse some of us [Cough]ME[/Cough] would flip out if somone did this to them....

6. Chris Stroud thread starter macrumors member

a "blocker"? please explain. and that is the point of a harmless prank right?

7. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

A piece of software that knows that is is a prank, and kills it before it starts making it do thing.
    It also blocks the possiblity of someone SSHing onto the ipod without the password. (plant viruses, etc. (no, mabey not you, but somone))

8. Chris Stroud thread starter macrumors member

well, change your SSH password. done.

9. pbcrazyboy macrumors member

what does this go through? does it go through wifi or something else?

10. Chris Stroud thread starter macrumors member

yes, it goes through WiFi, but some people on ipodtouchfans have pointed out some bugs that I am currently addressing, look for an updated version tonight.

11. Chris Stroud thread starter macrumors member

version 2.0b is now up on the googlecode page. let me know what you guys think. nothing has been added, just bug fixes

12. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

so it just uses the "alpine" password, and if its changed it dosent work?

13. Chris Stroud thread starter macrumors member

it is set to only use alpine for now, future revisions may make it so that you can use a custom password. but for now, yes changing your pass will do the trick

14. jman2003 macrumors member

w8, i want to do dis, but...srry 4 da n00b comment but, wat is SSH? nd how do I set it up?

15. Chris Stroud thread starter macrumors member

to do this u need to install openssh in installer then go into settings the the wifi settings, then beside the network you are on you will see a blue triangle, push that and write down that ip address. Now when someone is using that iPod and they are.... Let's say listening to music, you double click the crash music and video application on your computer, enter that ip address and hit ok. Its really ez

16. jman2003 macrumors member

ok, so it has 2 b hacked?

17. Chris Stroud thread starter macrumors member

18. Chris Stroud thread starter macrumors member

the script set has been updated to include a new application backup feature. Go to the google code page and check it out!