The fonts are too small!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by macmee, Jun 21, 2010.

1. macmee Suspended

macmee

I just bought a Mac book, it's a 13". The battery life is phenomenal and the trackpad is luxurious. However I find it really difficult to see the text on my screen. In the browser this wasn't a problem as I could zoom in, but the text in the address bar, and in all other applications the font is very small. I looked into changing the DPI for my Macbook and couldn't find a solution. I'm zooming in to see things but it looks distorted and obviously horrible.

Is there any way I can fix this?

2. johnnyham macrumors regular

Try TinkerTools. It lets you mess around with a lot of system settings, including fonts. You can change your font and font size in there.

Alternatively, you could just decrease your screen resolution from the default 1280x800 to maybe 1024x768.

EDIT: DPI can be changed via the Quartz Debug app. It comes with the Developer Tools pack, so it's not a default item on your computer. I don't know if it's dependent on the Developer Tools package to run, but if you need it, I can probably upload the program for you and hope it runs stand-alone. I highly doubt it though.