The Forum Jump Pop-Up Menu

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
personally, I really wish the forum jump thingy appeared at the top of the page as opposed to the bottom. It'd just be more convenient, for me anyway.

Am I having princess-and-the-pea syndrome, or does anybody else feel this way?

riciad

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2005
Ireland
Doesn't really bother me one way or the other but i think this thread would be better in the Site and Forum Feedback section.

XNine

macrumors 68040
just be happy it's there. I begged for this quite sometime ago and it was implemented. Also, if you press SPACEBAR a couple of times it'll take you to the bottom of the page.

No forum I've ever admin'd or been a part of had a Forum Jump at the top.

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
riciad said:
i think this thread would be better in the Site and Forum Feedback section.
ah...my bad. I hadn't thought to put it there.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Onizuka said:
Also, if you press SPACEBAR a couple of times it'll take you to the bottom of the page.

If you press END you'll get there almost immediately. This might help on some of the larger pages or for people who opt to show more than the default 25 posts per page. :)

XNine

macrumors 68040
mad jew said:
If you press END you'll get there almost immediately. This might help on some of the larger pages or for people who opt to show more than the default 25 posts per page. :)
Well, Crab-face. I haven't had a reply from you in quite some time. Just cos I'm no longer a demi, you think you're not entitled to harrass me with comments that supercede mine? BAH! Googleymoo@you!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
irmongoose said:
If you have a laptop and it's a pain to press fn-right arrow for END, you can also do an apple-down arrow to get you to the bottom of the page.

Swell. FWIW you can also imitate the SPACEBAR method of scrolling by using OPTION-ARROW if you don't want to leap straight to the bottom/top. In addition, make sure you supply a mug for your friend's coffee because if you pour the boiling water into their outstretched hands, they may be uncooperative. :eek: