Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Ive been having a freakin' ball reading these, ive laughed out-loud quite a few times.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2411937

Well written and some good tales.

Plus, someone organized them, as they were posted to a board in a long long thread.

ENJOY!

title-bruiser-2.gif
"Was I..." "On fire? Yeah." "Did it look cool?" "...it was like the sweeper truck from HELL"

*Y*

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2004
VA
Wow, that was just amazing. Some of the best stuff I have read in a while. Amazing storytelling that captured and held my whole being until I finished the whole thing. It made me laugh, cry, basically feel every emotion possible...

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
Haha. I like the emoticons he used. They gave the dialogue a visual appeal.

emot-cop.gif
Did you check if he's breathing?

emot-colbert.gif
Bryce. It's 2:30 in the morning, I look suspicious by nature, and it looks like there's a dead guy. No. I didn't touch him or the truck.

emot-cop.gif
Good thinking

emot-pseudo.gif
I managed to learn a few things in college.

emot-cop.gif
It's a state school

emot-gonk.gif
NOT THE TIME, BRYCE!

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
I posted this as I got halfway thru. Later it gets a bit dark...

Still, glad everyone thought it was a good read.

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
Classic comedy :D

For anyone who's ever heard Still Tippin by Mike Jones, Paul Wall, and Slim Thug, I think this definition from urbandictionary is great.
Picture 1.png

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
that totally couldn't be real. i mean yeah, good stories and all. but if the guy is actually in college he must be in creative writing or something like that. but still a good read!

theyoda3

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2006
Wonderful Stories

Those were some really awesome stories. It was kind of emotional towards the end and I'm very glad I read the entire thing. It would be nice to see a book or something come from this.

At the end of the thread there is a PDF of all the stories collected together. I've uploaded them to my web server if any wants to save the PDF or read from the PDF.

A Street Sweeper's Tale

shu82

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2007
Rocket City, AL
Man I read that whole thing. Thank you for pointing the way. I just wasted all afternoon. Great imagery, I live 2 hours from there and know the area. Great read:D

macmama

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2006
New Jersey
Heh, I've been on forums that replace words with others before... "gently caress" has got to be the best one I've seen, though! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.