The future of 32 GB iPhones.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Azzurro, Sep 3, 2016.

?

Will the 32GB have less resale value?

1. Yes, so get at least 128GB.

2. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Azzurro macrumors regular

Do you think iPhones with only 32GB will be treated with the same discrimination as a 16GB iphone considering it is now the lowest GB in the 7 lineup?

TBH, 32GB is fine for me, but when time comes that I have to resell it, I do not know how will the resale value be. I am afraid it will treated as a poor low-memory phone and an outcast just like how people judge 16GB iPhones. Heck I do not even know how much is really left in a 32GB - It could somewhere along 25-26ish GB available.

I am so thinking ahead. LOL. :rolleyes:

2. RedOrchestra Suspended

SO way off topic BUT are you

Milan, Ohio?
    Milan, Michigan?
    OR
    Milan, Italy

If you're in Italy should I go with a TIM Data SIM or one from Vodafone while on a 2-month holiday?

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Historically, lower storage (base model) phones have a higher resell value ratio. Generally, higher storage phones retain less of their value.

4. Fatboy71 macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

They used to be a 32 GB in the iPhone lineup, up until around the iPhone 5 or 5s, then it got removed and was replaced by the 64 GB model.

16 GB was getting to the point where it was getting too small for the growing size of photos (due to the increase in megapixels) and also video too, especially with the more recent iPhone's having 4K video recording capability. And personally, Apple should have ditched it before now.

I think 32 GB is a good entry level size, and should definitely go some way to stop people running out of storage in next to no time.

From looking on eBay, the price difference between the lower storage iPhone's and the mid storage iPhone's isn't that much difference. The main thing that does make a difference in the resale value, is the condition of the iPhone and also, if it's a network unlocked model. One thing for sure is, the extra you pay for a higher storage model at the time of purchase, you won't get anywhere near the money back when you sell it.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Swappa has lots of tools for average selling prices of phones as well.

6. Azzurro thread starter macrumors regular

I will personally go with Tim. But both are great. One thing is for sure, do NOT use Tre and Wind.
    (Personally I'm using Tre(3) but I cannot wait to finish my contract to switch to either Tim or Vodafone)

7. RedOrchestra Suspended

8. techiebug macrumors 6502a

16gb would be hard to resell but 32gb is fine. But 128gb is the sweet spot because just $100 more (presumedly), you get almost 100Gb more

9. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Thanks for bringing logic to this thread!