The "Get Info" annoyance

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by mac-n-me, Sep 14, 2013.

1. mac-n-me, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013

mac-n-me macrumors newbie

On Tiger (yes, Tiger) selecting 11 or more items from the same folder and executing the "Get Info" action would bring up the combined files properties in a single window. Perfect for seeing the total size of those files.

I'm on 10.7.5 and the minimum number of files you must choose to get that convenient single window is 67. Any fewer and prepare for an avalanche.

I know the workaround (control+command+I), but is there another version of Lion that requires only 11 as before? Is the same problem also present in Mountain Lion?

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you also tried OPTION+COMMAND+I? It gives a dynamic GET INFO window instead of a static one.

But in OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion the limit for CMD+I seems higher than 25 files.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I just checked on Mt. Lion and selected all 73 files in my Documents folder and did a option-command-i and get a single info window with the data you seek.

4. simsaladimbamba

mac-n-me was talking about Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard's ability to select 11 or more files and press CMD+I to get that one window, where all files are counted.
    Apple took that ability away in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and one has to either use CONTROL+COMMAND+I or OPTION+COMMAND+I.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I see now he was asking if +11 would do it automatically. Nope... ML will open a separate info window for every last freakin' file! :eek: