The Ghall Saga: The Sequel

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ghall, Jun 26, 2007.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

So, I was chatting online with the girl I talked about in this thread, and she mentioned she was getting ready to go on a date. :eek: I did some investigating (I politely asked her what she was doing, etc.), and somehow she got to asking me if I had my eye on any girls. Well, I had to be honest, so I said "yes", not thinking she would ask me who. Well she did. I tried to change the subject, but that didn't quite work, so I got cold feet and told her I had to go. Now I don't know what I should do!

2. fatandlazy11 macrumors member

fatandlazy11

Ugh, sounds tough. I've been in a situation like this before. (girl you like likes a different guy, and she asks you who you like) You leaveing so suddenly would make it pretty obvious, I'd say. However, If she doesn't catch on, best bet is to just tell her. It is one of the hardest things you'll ever have to do, but you gotta.

3. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Thanks dude. The only thing is I don't know how I'm supposed to tell her. But I guess I have to figure that one out myself, right?

4. furious macrumors 65816

furious

In all relationships honesty is the key. You want her to respect you be honest and tell her you don't know whether to buy her a drink or hump her leg. :p Seriously tell her you like her.

5. fatandlazy11 macrumors member

fatandlazy11

There are certain times when it's best. For example, the next time she asks you who you like (if she ever does; trust me, sometimes they figure out that you like them on thier own and don't ask anymore) you tell her. Try not to sound too desperate and clingly though.

6. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Ah, so basically wait until the opportune moment?

7. fatandlazy11 macrumors member

fatandlazy11

Well, you could tell her at anytime, but there are ideal moments when it's most effective; you can either wait until you know it's the right time, or just tell her outright.

8. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Which do you think would be easier on her?

9. fatandlazy11 macrumors member

fatandlazy11

Well, that would be the ideal moments.:p

10. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Thanks. I think I understand.

11. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

She probably caught on...you could just bring up "so, about earlier" and try to move through the awkwardness. Or just tell her straight up. Try not to be apologetic.

12. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Thanks everyone, I'll let you know how it works out after I get a chance to talk to her.

Wish me luck. :p

13. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

OK, I'm talking to her now. Right now it's just sort of casual stuff, so how should I approach the topic?

Update: I told her, my guess is she's a bit taken aback. Who wouldn't be.

Update 2: In effect: rejection. Not that I was expecting anything different, but somehow I feel better knowing.

14. fatandlazy11 macrumors member

fatandlazy11

That's too bad, but hey, theres other fish in the sea, right? I hope you guys are still friends. Even when I teold this one girl I like her and she rejected me, we're still good friends.

15. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Yep, we're still friends. :)

16. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

17. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

A lot, but not enough, dude. :eek:

To make a long story short: We "went out" twice. She never really got the idea that I liked her. So today I talked to her, told her I liked her. She told me she's way too busy, and I deserved better.

At least her heart was in the right place.

18. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

Don't be too hard on yourself. She doesn't seem that she is rejecting you as much as not wanting to be in the same intensity of relationship. Small comfort, I know, BUT maybe if you weren't posting here at the same time as you were talking to her :confused: , things would have turned out differently :D

19. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

I actually don't really care too much. There's no sense in getting bent out of shape about it. I just need to pick up and get moving again.
    There are plenty more fish in the sea, I just need to reel another in. :cool: