All iPads The gold iPad mini with touch sensor pics

Discussion in 'iPad' started by osofast240sx, Sep 27, 2013.

1. osofast240sx, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013

osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

The source claims it will come with A7 & M7 processors,Your thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. osofast240sx thread starter macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

The back

Attached Files:

3. Donki macrumors newbie

4. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

Can't help but think if this was genuine and the screen is in place, they would have had it powered up to confirm retina & specs...

5. PortableLover macrumors 6502a

Seems like it looks better then the 5s in gold

6. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Gray one here.

Attached Files:

7. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

retina, A7/M7, touch ID and i'm sold. hopefully, cuz ipad 5 can have the A7x/M7. i'm not sure if the mini will have the Touch ID. if anything it would go to the ipad 5 but i would love it to go to the mini 2. retina is a must too.

i bought the gold 5s... can't wait for the mini 2. i would probably rock it in space gray.. just have those 3 specs and apple can take my credit card LOL. PLEASE.

8. KittiFatale macrumors member

KittiFatale

9. osofast240sx thread starter macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

I'm sure the touch id will be across all iOS devices and possibly the Mac book pro.

10. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

Oh God, here we go again with color mania! lol

11. Centris 650 macrumors 6502a

Centris 650

OP you beat me to it! ;)

"And Yes Touch ID is coming to the iPad Mini 2
    — Sonny Dickson (@SonnyDickson)"

Ok, assuming this report is true:
    It answers:Colors, Processor(A7/M7), Ram (2g IP5, 1g IPm2) and Touch ID in both lines

What we still don't know: Price? (discontinuing 16gb), iPad mini Retina display?
    The two of the biggest questions I think most of us want to know!

Here's hoping some leaks will spring up and answer these questions for us soon.

12. Rafterman macrumors 68000

I would be surprised to see all those improvements in just one generation. Plus, I don't think one year of battery technology improvements will be enough to handle all that extra hardware.

13. Markyyy macrumors regular

The original iPad mini, I believe, was a very rushed product. I don't think Apple intended on producing a smaller iPad until they saw other manufacturers were doing it and having success. So they rushed a smaller iPad through design and production. They probably didn't have time to give it as much thought and care as they would have wanted, but they had to push it into market so they wouldn't lose share to other companies.

14. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

Not so much rushed, just deliberately lower spec so they didn't over commit on a new product. Look at the iPad 1 - good product though it was, it lacked a bit with regards to RAM etc. Now Apple now the mini is an absolute success, I would expect them to flesh it out as a product. They will hold back on specs & features knowing full well if things take off that they can then bring out a higher spec device.

15. hippo206 macrumors 6502

Exactly, would seem like verification of a retina would be just as important.

16. bobright macrumors 601

Does this mean the full sized iPad should get gold as well? Hopefully

17. stevod macrumors member

It looks beautiful, and while the effect might be accurate, I think the image is a rendering. The background is just so clean.

S

18. ukchris macrumors newbie

I'm intrigued to see what they do to differentiate the mini and regular iPad. I've owned the iPad 1, 2, 3 and now I use a Mini. I love the mini as it's size works very well for me and it does all that I need, while retina is nice I've not (personally) felt it is critical.

What strikes me is that there is differentiation between them right now, the full iPad has Retina, bigger screen and if I remember correctly a slightly faster processor. If the mini gets all of the goodies such that the only real difference is the size and 1Gb of RAM wouldn't mini sales significantly erode sales of the regular iPad?

It'll be interesting to see what happens with sales if the full and mini are almost identical in terms of spec, will they still maintain the $170 price difference and will the Mini overtake the regular iPad?

19. Shuri macrumors 6502

A7 on a Retina iPad doesn't make any sense; It has to be an X Version, because these have stronger GPU Units (IIRC they have more GPU cores). You need those for the 4 times more pixels. It could be clocked lower though, so it wouldn't use so much battery.

20. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

If only it were true.... for myself I really hope it is (but of course I have about 1% confidence in this particular 'leak').

I for one would jump at a retina mini in gold/white.

21. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

Possibly not. I'm sure the iPhone 5 keynote said the A7 had twice the graphical power of the A6 and was on a par with the iPad 4. If this is the case the A7 could power a retina iPad. The A7x may be used purely in the iPad 5 as a flagship model.

22. chrisaster macrumors regular

Wonder if it's possible that Apply is moving to 64bit apps in all of their lineup making it possible that the mini will support an A7 chip?

The gold makes me think that their might be a C lineup which will be priced as the cheaper option, A7 and Retina upgrade only over current gen - plastic moulding might be the reason it will be priced like the current gen mini .... ?

23. VanillaCracker macrumors 68030

VanillaCracker

Well Kuo predicts an A7x for box iPad Mini and the full-sized, so that makes sense.

24. chrisaster macrumors regular

What is a box ipad mini?

25. lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

We need to consider the possibilty that the new iPads may have home buttons that look like the 5s', yet may lack TouchID...