All iPads The Golden iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dan70, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Dan70 macrumors regular

A golden iPad is rumoured to be announced at this October event.

If a gold iPad is announced, would you get one? I would (especially if there was a bigger 'iPad Pro') although it'd definitely stand out. A gold phone is small and discrete but a golden tablet is a much bigger attraction.

Ideally, a Gold iPad Pro 32GB would be my purchase of the year (I rock my trusty gold 5s).

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

My friend said he would and I think alot of others will too! I'll stick to Silver/White like I do with everything else lol

3. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

I can understand the appeal, but no gold for me. I'm a silver or space gray kind of woman.

4. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

That would be awesome...I think they'll definitely redesign the mini this time to match the iPhone 6 curves. Please bring it in gold :) And perhaps integrate the LTE bar in the design this time. I think they should mimic the iPhone 6 back EXACTLY.

5. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Color means nothing to me. I don't care if it has 24karat gold inlay. What I want is raw horsepower under the hood.

6. MacTCE macrumors 6502

Lots of people put cases on them anyways. So I can't see a gold iPad being a big deal for most people.

7. Mackinjosh macrumors 6502a

The only color that matters to me is the border around the screen. Movies/TV blend in perfectly when the border is black. Terribly when it's white. So I only buy tablets/phones that have a black border. And anyone that treats an electronics device as a fashion accessory is just lulz.

8. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

A black border is the only thing that matters to me. End of story!
    That being said I can't wait to get a new iPad retina mini with a black border.

9. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

10. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Hmm border color doesn't bother me as much as others here

11. TheFirmBiz macrumors newbie

If the gold iPad was all gold, and not white with a gold back,then I would be more interested, but right now the gold color option doesn't interest me.

12. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I feel like that would be TOO much gold!

13. TheFirmBiz macrumors newbie

It might be, but it's better than the white and gold, imo, I just find the color scheme to be too girly, I've never been a fan of the white versions.

14. richardmu macrumors 6502a

I'll be getting one but not gold. Current iPad Air is space grey so I might go for silver next time. Black border is preferable but as I always use it with a smart case the colour of the back is a tad irrelevant. I imagine the gold will be very popular so the least likely to be readily available immediately after launch.

If as expected the new iPad is thinner I wonder if Apple will release a matching smart case or something completely different. Could be very confusing to have two almost identical cases except one is slightly thinner.

15. PowerBook-G5 macrumors 65816

PowerBook-G5

I am so surprised that you haven't been flamed for this yet. If they could integrate the LTE bar better, it would look great, AS LONG AS they don't copy the 6's back (which honestly doesn't look that bad, but if the bands were stretched across the whole width of the iPad, it would look really weird)

16. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

You're right, the white bands should be a lighter shade of gold instead.