The Google Dichotomy

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Mildredop, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Mildredop macrumors 68020

Is Dichotomy the right word?

I'm liking Google applications more and more. Inbox is brilliant and Google Calendar keeps my phone and iCal up-to-date. Google Photos does the same. And there's Google Sheets etc.

But I find I more often use something that syncs with Google rather than Google itself. As good as Inbox is, I mostly use the more dull Apple Mail. And, as useful as Google Calendar is, I use the slightly frustrating iCal. And I use iPhoto and Pages/Numbers/Word etc.

I could use these things within Chrome, but then Chrome gets cluttered and becomes a confusing mix of productivity and web browsing. Would Google every make full desktop applications? Or am I just not using their services as intended?

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

For some of us, email is just about getting mail, replying to it, archiving and deleting. To others, it's a filing system of sorts. Don't worry about using it the way they want you to, but just using it the way it works for you.

Same thing with everything else.

Personally, I do the same thing with iCloud. I use the sync, but I don't use any of the apps. Besides Phone, Safari, Messages, and Photos, I don't use any of the built-in iOS apps either.