Hey guys, I want to get some second opinions. I currently have a mid-2006 Core Duo 15" MBP. It has been a great machine, but the battery doesn't work and it's starting to make rattling noises. I know it is out of date and, basically, it's time for an upgrade! I've lurked on some of the Ivy Bridge forums, but I don't think I can hold off that long! I desperately want a new low-end 15". However, I am on a first year teacher's salary, am moving into a new house with furniture and miscellaneous items to buy, topped off by the fact that it's about time to start buying Christmas gifts for all of the people in my life! Obviously, I don't have much money to work with. I feel like the low-end 13" is so much more affordable at $600 less than the 15". Although I could get a PC with more power cheaper to at least hold me over, I am in love with OSX (like most of you probably are.) One part of me thinks if I'm gonna go big on a purchase ($1,000 or more), I might as well pony up the extra and get the best I can, even if it means making sacrifices elsewhere for a bit. My concern is that I'm so used to the 15" screen real estate and want to have something at least a little "future-proofed" because I've never been one to buy something then turn and sell it. What's worse is that the idea of a high-res screen has me drooling, but I must control myself! Do you think I would be dissatisfied with the low end 13"? It seems as though dual core is on its way out in favor of quad core, but I'm trying to be frugal and realistic with my needs. My usage is this: Lots of daily Powerpoint and Word because I am a teacher. Some web design. Some Photoshop tinkering for fun and occasional freelance. My current set-up does these things, but slowly. Thanks for any input!