Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jai949

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2009
Hey everyone,

So, as an avid iphone user since the first gen 2g in 2007 I have been JB'ing moding and everything else one can do to release the full power of the iphone.

But here's my problem, with the MMS rolling out in the next few days for 3.1 users(who are also able to JB (3g users that is.. thanks dev team) they have also forfeited their ability to tether. OUCH

So, I painfully want to be able to send and receive MMS without applications such as Swirly MMS, but can not afford to give up the tethering capability.

Any suggestions? Does anyone have a clue as to which will come first.. MMS hack for 3.0 users via Cydia or any other manner. OR a tethering hack for 3.1.

i did notice that on benm.at website has this remark "/Update 21.09.09: I’m working on an update for Firmware 3.1. Stay tuned."

What do you guys think??

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2007
Philly
Since you're desperately trying to get around it, you could always try getting the official carrier file and installing it on you JB phone... and then use your tethering app as usual.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.