Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

bball2

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2010
Got this band from Utica guy a few days ago and was surprise to pay only $23.58 for it. It included space gray adapters and came in a watch box with a mini pillow. It also included a spring release tool which was odd. The band is stainless steel with a brush matte finish which is more of a dark charcoal color but appears lighter in certain lighting and angles. The quality feels quite nice and much better than a previous two tone band that I got for about $45.95 from bandfever View attachment 571185
Do you have a link to the exact band? That looks really good

Carolina Girl

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2015
The Carolinas
image.jpg
Just received my LL band from freedomoclock09 on eBay. Not Apple but close enough for me

fireman13

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2008
Florida Panhandle
Looks like Best Buy has these Case Mates in stock, few others as well
I kind of like the bottom "Vented band." $40 is ok, the $70 for the "Scaled," little steep I think.

LONG complex link to post. Go to http://www.bestbuy.com/ and search "Apple Watch." You'll get the full list of bands.

AxM7QpS.png
I saw most of these the other day while in Best Buy and yeah... $70 for the scaled band is way too much. It doesn't look that great in person either. I don't mind paying a lot for a band but I have to really like it.

Reactions: PhillyGuy72

waxlabo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014
Looks like Best Buy has these Case Mates in stock, few others as well
I kind of like the bottom "Vented band." $40 is ok, the $70 for the "Scaled," little steep I think.

LONG complex link to post. Go to http://www.bestbuy.com/ and search "Apple Watch." You'll get the full list of bands.
I tried a leather band from Case Mate and it was pretty disappointing. I paid $60 for it at Best Buy and the packaging was very lackluster. They have the bands strapped up by rubber bands that hug the leather bands very tightly which caused a permanent marking on the band before it was even used. I returned it in less than 10 minutes.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
I tried a leather band from Case Mate and it was pretty disappointing. I paid $60 for it at Best Buy and the packaging was very lackluster. They have the bands strapped up by rubber bands that hug the leather bands very tightly which caused a permanent marking on the band before it was even used. I returned it in less than 10 minutes.
Yeah, I'm currently using the Case-Mate (Tobacco color) and I know what you're talking about. I price-matched it so paid $50 (which is the MSRP on Case-Mate's site). I know the quality doesn't justify the price, but I totally love this shade of brown so having a hard time returning mine. Also this one seems more or less like a real leather, albeit slightly flimsy. Too bad Apple doesn't have a nice dark brown leather band, don't really like the brown on the leather loop.

AS90

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2014
Wirral, UK
Not had much luck with 3rd party straps so far. 3 have failed to turn up and this one self destructed on first fitting!

MSampson

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2008
I got my Hoco 5 bead. Amazon prime got it to me in one day (after they first sent the wrong band and I had to arrange to return that and repurchase the right one).
Right now it is my favorite of my collection.
collection.jpg
band.jpg

Reactions: Skorpio

akiraboi

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
USA
42mm Milanese Loop
Price paid: $30 (I made a "best offer," which he accepted)
Current price: $35.99 w/ option for best offer
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261961841425?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I really think this is an exceptional quality replica. Magnet is extremely strong, so no worries about it falling off. No kinks or defects in the milanese. Slides in very easy and does not seem to have any gaps between band and watch. Very good quality loop replica. Like the leather loop, I only tried it on in store early on, so I can't exactly compare to the real thing, but this band is very comfortable to wear and seems like a great buy!
View attachment 571211 View attachment 571213 View attachment 571214 View attachment 571215
Really hope this is as good as you say :) Just ordered one for myself.

StophMac24

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2007
Miami

toph2toast

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
I got my Hoco 5 bead. Amazon prime got it to me in one day (after they first sent the wrong band and I had to arrange to return that and repurchase the right one).
Right now it is my favorite of my collection.
View attachment 571691 View attachment 571692

MSampson, does your Hoco metal slide on the springs between the lugs? What size band is it? Nice set of bands and spread between sport, metal and leather BTW.

MSampson

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2008
MSampson, does your Hoco metal slide on the springs between the lugs? What size band is it? Nice set of bands and spread between sport, metal and leather BTW.
I have a 38 mm sports watch. There is a tiny bit of play on the springbars but nothing alarming or unattractive. I ended up removing 3 links to make it fit. I tried 4 to see if it would be symmetrical but it felt a bit tight. I like to be able to easily shift the position of the watch on my wrist. At first I wasn't sure if it would be too masculine, but I really like it. I always wear jeans anyway, never dresses. I'd switch it out if I were dressing up.

I think I have about a 170 mm wrist. On the original sports band I use the last two holes on the s/m depending on if I want it snug or looser. I also have two more sports band knock offs coming. A green and a white. Hard to pass up a $4 band. I'm holding out for the black Case-Mate turn lock too.

Reactions: Mac2me

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
The AndroidUSA band with quick release pins I ordered off ebay came today. Black leather with subtle purple stitching. Went on the adapters very easily (have to say I wish all my spring bar bands were like this), in fact I was able to quickly swap it with the other quick release pin band I had. I may just save some money on adapters and keep one adapter solely for just use with the quick release pins.

I think the AndroidUSA bands, now on my second, are a nice quality. Don't know what they originally cost but have seen them on AndroidUSA's site. While I have no question the underside is a genuine leather I'm not sure about the top material. This one "looks" like alligator but for $20 it's just embossed, could be on a leather not sure. My python one (photos a few pages back) was listed as printed python so I know that one was embossed. It's still a nice look, good quality and nicely finished all around and has the quick pins so would still recommend. Once you like the real deal though something like this pales. Still for everyday wear and even somewhat rugged wear these are a very nice. I'll come back and post a photo tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlliFlowers

Mw0103

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2014
Can anyone provide a review of the nylon Clockwork Synergy bands that are available now?

I got the olive nylon from them for $25. Fast free shipping, and the band is nice. It was a little scratchy at first but has softened up nicely. I really like it. The blue and bond stripe are on my wish list as is a red and gray if they become available. The adapters are not quite as smooth sliding in as the ones on my Apple classic buckle, but the final fit is the same.

image.jpg

linhromrom

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
there is a saying: "everyone needs an orange band". Use this to replace the sport band from Apple. I prefer the "little gap" between the face and the strap since it creates a little more edgy look for the watch.

here is mine:

cheapo bands from local watch store, took me quite a while to get the shade of orange that i like. Also thin enough for my tiny wrist. Most of the silicon rubber bands on the market are quite thick for my taste :(

cheapo black buckle from ebay to match the space gray. SS buckle just look terrible on this watch :(

Adapters from Ebay as well. its a hit and miss. This one is a perfect fit, flush with the body comparing to most of the adapters you can see on this thread which kind off pop out of the face a bit.

DSCF5317.JPG
DSCF5313.JPG
DSCF5314.JPG

DSCF5316.JPG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.