The green + button

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by whitefang, Mar 1, 2009.

1. whitefang macrumors 6502

In windows, the normal way is to maximize all windows and use the taskbar to switch. If you needed 2 windows that you need information of off, you'd fit them both side by side.

Now on the mac, there is no maximize button. So, do I use the green + button to resize the window to the "correct" size? For some of the windows, there is really no reason it should be maximized and pressing the green button resizes the window nicely.
    So do I need to press the green button everytime the content in the window changes so it will adjust?

With safari, if I have multiple tabs open..if one window has narrower content and I click the green button, the wider content will be cut off when I switch tabs until I click the green button again.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

On Macs, the norm is to have windows not fill the entire screen, unlike Windows. Normally, that involves grabbing the handle in the lower-right corner of the window and dragging it to your desired size, rather than hitting the maximize button.

I find the + button's unpredictable behaviour annoying too. That's why I just drag the handle.