The 'Happy i didn't Wait' Thread

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rich89, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Rich89 macrumors newbie

Well, the update has come, and i for one am so glad i bought my macbook pro when i did 5 weeks ago. No noticeable increase in processor speed for anyone other than the nerdiest of the nerds, no improvements to hard-drive (to those of us who shelled out for the 200gb), same graphics card, no redesign, no new keyboard, no magnetic latch. And now the waiters are tying to fool themselves that t was worth it, ha! :)

2. grooveattack macrumors 6502a

was just about to start this one! hahahahaha. even tho i got a month ago and am still please with it, it has not been blown out of the water by an amazing update. no real performance upGRADE just a performance upDATE. lovely!
    :cool:

3. ajx22 macrumors regular

err - umm...

Anyone that knows anything about computers knew this was only going to be a minor bump - as it's still based on the same Santa Rose platform. The 'redesign' won't be till the end of this year when they (Intel) offer the new motherboards - and eventually Nehalem.

Penryn is a significant benefit over Memron; as are the LED screens on the 17" + the increased HDD's and VRAM = good things. And there was a slight change to the keyboard buttons & backlighting too.

Oh yeah - and now the same unit you just bought is selling for ~25% less.

So yeah - I'm happy I waited.

:D

4. Rich89 thread starter macrumors newbie

well done mate, i have had my laptop for 5 weeks and am typing this on it, i have the 15'' and i doubt you are going to see any 'significant' improvements, especially with reductions n speed in some parts of the 2.4, but if it makes you feel better, don't worry, the new number is 0.1 bigger, congratulations. Oh and enjoy your BRAND NEW return key, thats a goodun too :)

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I have gained several, very productive months since September so I am happy I did not wait.

6. robby818 macrumors 6502a

I bought a refurb' MBP 2.0 Ghz in November and so this update didn't really do much to make me regret my purchase.

On one hand, i'm glad when apple does a minor upgrade (makes me feel better about my recent purchase) but on the other hand I would really like to see some changes made to the MBP design, specifically the keyboard has to go, the latch is poorly designed, and how about dropping 1/2 pound?

7. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Same graphics card? I am sad because the higher model now comes with 512MB instead of 256MB in the VRAM.

8. rezonat0r macrumors 6502

I'm happy I didn't :D

LED on the 17" is awesome. Multitouch is awesome. The rest is icing on the cake for me.

9. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

I am in general agreement with most of the people on here. Basically, if you didn't wait for the MB, then good for you. If you didn't wait for the MBP, not the best, but it isn't so bad. You still have an uber-fast computer that can last for several years. Enjoy.

10. dmb3886 macrumors regular

same VRAM card? it has double
    pretty much for the base model it pwns

11. chimerical macrumors regular

Are we talking about the Macbook Pro here? The keyboard is different now. All the F1-F12 functions have been rearranged, the smaller Enter key is gone, and the Apple logo has been replaced with "Command".