The headphones - and the answer button

ripkord

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
Ok so I have shure headphones and I'm naturally not going to use the crappy white ones they bundle with it - so my question is is there a device I can buy that allows me to use my own headphones but still have the little squeezy - answer thing in the cord - like some sort of extention?

Thanks

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
yes, but I'm too lazy to find it for you right now.... :D

But if you search you'll find it ... type in google "Iphone accessories"

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
this should help.

there are also those people that splice the apple ones with sure or etymotic headphones, cant remember what they are called at the moment.
Etymotic makes a GREAT pr of headphones .... i'll trust them over shure any day

benfilan

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2006
Ireland
i really like the iphone ones, the sound is great, and i love the mic with ipod control. why bother changing?;)

DrCamel

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2007
i really like the iphone ones, the sound is great, and i love the mic with ipod control. why bother changing?;)

For me at least, the apple ear buds really hurt my ears! Not through volume, but due to the shape of the headphones. In addition to that, the apple ones let in a lot of sound as well as being loud for people around me. I had to get an adapter to use my non apple headphones, which is a problem so should not have to fix! (due to the annoying inset of the 3.5mm jack)

However, I still love my iPhone! :)

DrCamel

MacDonaldsd

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2005
London , UK
I really don't like the apple headphones. Why they don't include and adaptor I don't know.

I'm sure there will be a inline remote/microphone out soon. Macworld maybe ?

nerdhunter

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2007
I really don't like the apple headphones. Why they don't include and adaptor I don't know.

I'm sure there will be a inline remote/microphone out soon. Macworld maybe ?
The iphone specific headphone smacks of proprietary extortion. The Apple is getting a bit sour.