the heat from macbook. and internet connection.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chrisgohcs, Dec 7, 2007.

1. chrisgohcs macrumors member

chrisgohcs

hi ppl.

this is my istat info from my SR black macbook.
    is this heat alright? the airport card seems high.

and also,why does it takes so long to load a video clip frm youtube?
    it takes like a min to load a one min clip.

thanks guys!

Attached Files:

2. JSK1121 macrumors member

This is pretty much a carbon copy of my iStat readouts for my new SR black macbook. I'm taking it into the Apple Store tomorrow to see if they'll replace it. Around these forums I've seen people saying that their airport doesn't go above 50 for simple browsing, while mine and yours are over 60!

3. chrisgohcs thread starter macrumors member

chrisgohcs

really?

i switch on my fans and have it blowing directly on my macbook to keep the temp down. it helps,but the airport card just remain ard that temp.
    and im just doing some simple browsing on the macbook over safari.

can someone comfirm with me if its alright?
    thanks!

4. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

Yeah on my MB CD 2GHz or 1.83 (dont remember, my GF using it) temps of Airport also fluctuated around 60+C. I dont think its an issue. Nom Im on MBP and its 58C, just browsing and using Transmission

5. Celeron macrumors 6502a

Why does it matter what temp. your airport card is? Its a laptop, they get hot, I wouldn't really worry about it, nor would I expect anything to get replaced. No two systems are exactly the same, no two environments are exactly the same. If mine runs at 50, and yours runs at 60, that could be any number of reasons:

1. ambient room temp
    2. where the laptop is physically located
    3. output power of the airport card
    4. amount of general network traffic going on
    5. etc.... etc....

6. gonnabuyamac macrumors 6502

sounds like booq bags are a good option. i actually was just looking at their slim bags the other day. i just didn't know how good the protection of those cases is.

edit......
    um.. not sure how my forum switched. sorry.

7. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Dont worry and enjoy your MacBook.

Its interesting that people start noticing "defects" after seeing the temps ^^ So its true that the less you know, the less you worry ;)

You only check temp when you are building your own PC tower, because you can actually fry the machine, but with Macs (or any other good computers) the company made sure the comp won't overheat.

8. chrisgohcs thread starter macrumors member

chrisgohcs

i see=) thanks for the replies!

how about the internet connection thing? is it more like my router's fault?

9. lil'homunculus macrumors regular

lil'homunculus

personally I'm only comfortable with running the machine below 50°. Otherwise i get paranoid about cooking the components. From a physics perspective, excessive heat is a bad thing. It will result in premature brittleness and component failure. Those of you running their equipment in the 80-90° range can stop me if you think I'm wrong, but i'd rather err on the side of caution. During the summer i actually run a small fan behind my MBP and it keeps it in the low 40's. Low noise + low paranoia. Currently i have SMC fan control set at 3200 rpms and a cpu temp. of 46°. That KEEPS a smile on my anal-retentive face. Godspeed.

10. Crash-n-Burn macrumors regular

I agree with statement, I only check temps on my homebuilt computers since there is not company backing components overheating from being to close to each other or lack of cooling.

If you think that the MB and the MBP get hot, try holding a 17" p4 on your lap for a while!

I wouldn't worry, plus you have applecare right?