The hell? iPhone 5 cases now available already????

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by spammerhamster, Sep 16, 2011.

1. spammerhamster macrumors 6502

2. ann713 macrumors 6502a

I'm not surprised. If these are not true to the design of the upcoming iPhone 5, they're not losing money at all. The cases probably cost little to nothing to make, and besides, plastic can always be melted for redistribution or recycling.

3. spammerhamster thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah, but the same thing happened with the ipad2. I remember laughing that they'd be in deep **** when apple decided to change the shape. A week later, the ipad2 launched.

4. TC25 macrumors 68020

Wow, how's that work? They are not charged for materials or labor? Amazing. Quite the business economics breakthrough.

5. MacLuv365 macrumors newbie

This kind of attitude put us in this recession.

6. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

its risky business, i mean yeah the cases are cheap to produce so even if they are wrong its not a big stick to the back. however if you are right, you get to be one of the few distributes (aside from apple directly) to offer accessories, limited competition is a good thing when demand is high. That's why they soak up the risk.

7. james92se macrumors 6502a

I bet these fit/match.

They're consistent with all the rumors so far, especially the bit about the silent switch being moved to the other side. Keep in mind, most of the leaked "specs" so far have been from case manufacturers. Is it really that hard to imagine some of these case manufacturers get the specs early so they can produce cases that are ready on day one?

8. honney3211 macrumors newbie

There are so many in the market, I even don't know what will the iphone 5 looks like.

9. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

[double amazing] the molds and other hard tooling were also free! [/double amazing]

:D

10. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

Reading comprehension is a lost art on the internet I guess.

11. willyfromphilly macrumors newbie

Did u guys see the casemate thing? What was that, hype?

12. antoniosky macrumors newbie

I agree this point.Maybe they have known the design of Iphone 5,so they go to manufacture it at first!

13. Merkie macrumors 68020

No :confused: ?

14. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Really struggling to figure out how confident these case manufacturers are about the new iPhone. They're definitely confident enough to start mass production, as these cases are starting to show up in the US (and even an AT&T store).

All evidence seems to point to 4S, but 5 is still a possibility in my book.

15. LTMK macrumors member

my coworker got one for $15. he said he just want to make sure he have a case when iP5 comes out. :D