The Holidays

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wvuwhat, Nov 28, 2008.

1. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Well, as much as I hate to do this, but with all of the relationship things going on here I feel this is the right place.

I'm in college, had a girlfriend of 3 years. We were supposed to get married this Spring and I cut it off. I'm honestly having second thoughts about my decision, because I really love(d) her and I can't get her back. So, this thread is for those downtrodden holiday thoughts of girl/boyfriends of past. We all have the one that got away and we wish we could get back. Here's the official thread of second thoughts...

2. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Word to that. Best girl of my life I dumped b/c... Honestly - I don't know. It was stupid, reallllly stupid. :(

3. phas3 macrumors 65816

A year and a half ago I met one of most awesome girl. We had a great relationship but we never made it official because I was deploying to Iraq in march 2007. It was the happiest I have ever been in my life but I didn't wan her to go through a deployment and she didn't either so kept it at that. I came back from Iraq this September and everything hasn't been the same anymore. She doesn't see herself being in a relationship with me anymore and I seem to be in a depressed state since I've been back...the feeling sucks so bad and it's so hard for me to cope with it. If someone has any advice I'd greatly appreciate it.

4. wvuwhat thread starter macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Can I get an amen that holidays are the worst. I've spent the last 2 Thanksgivings and Christmas's with her family and I'm lost right now. Money can't buy happiness and I'm finding this out right now...

5. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

6. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Is your draw to her perhaps due to the fact that you can't get her back? Sometimes we want things because we can't have them. If she did take you back and was willing to marry you now, would you go through with it or balk again? My guess is the latter. In any event, if it's not happening, I suggest you move on. Life is too short and full of other wonderful things to put your attention on to waste time sulking over a lost love. But unfortunately a wounded heart seems to know no reason, and you will probably continue to spin over this for some time yet. Too bad though.