The Home Button Was Holding The iPhone Back

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cashmonee, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Cashmonee macrumors 65816

Cashmonee

I was worried about not having a home button at first, but after a few hours, both my wife and I agree that not only do we not miss it, but the phone UI/UX is better without it. The home button was a crutch before that left most of the swiping features easily missed because all you ever did was use the home button. Now that I do not have that crutch, I am swiping between apps, using the app switcher more fluidly, etc. Everything feels much smoother and more fluid. The home button on my 7 feels like a clunky solution to navigation in comparison. The new UI is so natural, I think I have tried to hit a home button at most twice today.

Does anyone else not miss the home button at all?

2. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

Aye. Even just a few minutes into using the phone, it was as if the home button had never existed. I really don't understand all the people whining about losing the home button. It's a natural gesture that we've actually already become accustomed to through the app-killing feature on past versions of iOS.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

I am quickly adapting. Unfortunately I need to keep my 7 around a bit longer while my employer tests the security of FaceID so I’ll be in both worlds for a few weeks.

4. Benz63amg macrumors 68030

Benz63amg

I dont miss it one bit either, the new back gesture on the X feels so much more natural than clicking a button to go back.

5. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

I knew I’d get used to it, but I didn’t think it would be so seamless. I still have my moments, but considering I’ve only been using it for a couple of hours, it feels amazing.

6. CjonesHouston macrumors 65816

CjonesHouston

The OS is so fluid now. It was great before but now. The OS just flows from app to app with no interruptions. Of pressing the home button to take you back to or out of a app. The X is amazing. It was good that apple made the iPhone 8. For people that will have a hard time letting the home button go . After a few hours I do realize this is the most advance and fluid way to navigate Butter. Now make a touch screen MAC.

7. KingslayerG5 Suspended

KingslayerG5

Yup.

It also held back Samsung for years when most Android OEMs removed home button by 2010. I used this app called All-One-Gesture on my Note 3 and S7 edge because I hated pressing the home button constantly.

Palm webOS showed the way. They were so ahead of the game back in 2009. QNX/BB10 and Meego/Sailfish just copied webOS' ideas. Matias Duarte who works for Google should feel proud.

8. CjonesHouston macrumors 65816

CjonesHouston

Android still uses a Home button, Back ,and Recent Apps button. In there software. They may not be physical but they are part of the Andriod OS. Now Palm Web OS did pave the way and I'm glad apple implemented it. With the iPhone X.