The "How I Met Your Mother" Thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by sammich, Oct 10, 2007.

1. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I'm shocked! There isn't a thread dedicated to this brilliant show.

I've only just started watching it but I am completely hooked! Barney is LEGENDARY (side: Barney got seems to have bought an iPhone).

I highly recommend this show to everyone. Catch the new season in the US Monday's 8pm.

Btw: which one of the characters are you most like? Count one for Ted.

2. JudgeDanny macrumors regular

I'm just as surprised as you are that there isnt a thread dedicated to this show :) eh well..

Fave character is Barney!! :)

I'm glad they got rid of Enrique.... i cant believe he tossed a MBP off the coffee table :mad:

3. sammich thread starter macrumors 601

sammich

Oh, this thread doesn't seem to have found a good home, well, we'll see how this bump helps.

I KNOW! How could he! I cringed when he just swiped it off the table. No respect whatsoever.

The last episode with the little Barney and Ted, hilarious. All the little people where positioned so perfect. Who doesn't love Barney?

4. achie25 macrumors 6502

It is a great show. My wife and I both love it. Barney is hilarious and Robin is smokin!

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I just bought season 1 after watching an episode from season 3 on Joost.com. I'm definitely getting all the DVD's for this show.

6. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Joost has some real content now? Sounds like it's time for me to tune in again. The last time I fired up Joost it was sort of a ghost town, content-wise.

7. martin1000 macrumors regular

8. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

ive seen every episode, so far i think season 3 is the worst yet

i have to vote for marshall though, he's my favorite character

9. JudgeDanny macrumors regular

It's about time this thread got some posts in it!!!!!!

10. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

so after watching this weeks episode over again, i guess season 3 dosent disappoint as much as i had thought

11. jzieske macrumors regular

I loved both seasons 1 & 2 and have rewatched the dvds a couple times. I am not sure what I think of season 3 yet though. Just seems like there is something missing.

12. maxrobertson macrumors 6502a

I love that show. It's probably one of the few shows that really seems like it could possibly be as "good" as Friends or Seinfeld (although I hate Friends). And hopefully it will last long enough to really get into it.

13. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

i feel the same way it does seem like something is missing

it might be becuase i watched season 1 and 2 at the same time then had to wait all summer for season 3 and became disattached from the characters, i dont know...

14. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

I think the problem is that they don't know what to do with Robin. They don't want to become one of those shows that has a new guy for her each week.

Season 1 - Ted pursues Robin.
    Season 2 - Ted and Robin together.
    Season 3 - My suggestion, time for a "Swarley"/Robin hookup. It would be Legen - wait for it - dary!

Now, everyone enjoy the official slap bet countdown:
    http://www.cbs.com/primetime/how_i_met_your_mother/slapbet_countdown/

15. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I love this show. Best episode by far IMO was in season 2: Slap Bet.

16. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

ok, well, season 3 is getting better, tonights episode was the best yet IMO, and for all of you who want a "swarley/robin" relationship... well...

17. sammich thread starter macrumors 601

sammich

This thread is taking off, sorta. :(

I can really feel it, there is definitely something missing in the 3rd season, I was really bummed that Ted and Robin broke up, had to happen I know. Surely the writers have something up their sleeve, swarley/robin? who knows? We need something to kick this season into season 2 quality.

Couldn't agree with you more there! Sparkles and slapping. Been waiting for the next slap since that first episode (check sig or previous post). Classic.

18. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Yes, the 3rd season got off to a slow start, but I thought last night was great (The Hot/Crazy scale).

We have actually already had 2 of the 5 slaps. The first at the end of slapbet, the second at the end of the episode in which Barney is doing the play.

19. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I have absolutely nothing against being gay, or gays. But I find it hard to swallow a main character as a womanizer who is openly gay in real life. There's just no believability there anymore. :confused:

20. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

i think its funny..thats your problem if you cant believe it, he does a very good job acting the part...its like any character...you dont think murdurous rapeing villians in movies actully act like that in real life? No, im sure they are very nice friendly people, but you still believe their characters right?

ANYWAY

on a diffrent note i dont think barney can ever be in a relationship it will completly kill his character, he's supose to be there as the anti for the other characters, putting him in a relationship just destroys everything barney is

21. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

It's one thing to suspecd belief for a "murdurous rapeing villian", it's another for a dude that acts like my fraternity brothers. It's a little closer to home and therefore, a little more personal. One can identify with said character. Not many folks can identify with a "murdurous rapeing villian".

I'm not saying he doesn't do a good job acting the part. He does. Just in the back of my mind..

22. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

yeah i guess i agree with that, one thing that does cross my mind just about every episode is "man i cant believe this guy is gay in real life" dosent really effect how i see his character though

23. BanjoBanker macrumors 6502

BanjoBanker

Marshall !

Marshall reminds me of one of my college buddies. He is a smart guy, in law school, but sort of out of the loop in the real world. The show is great. Anyone who doubts Neil Patrick Harris' ability to play a straight guy should watch Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle! best movie ever!:cool:

24. jzieske macrumors regular

I was concerned about the slow start to Season 3, but after last nights episode I think they are back on track. I think the show has got a couple more good seasons in it. What other show would try the crazy/hot scale and get away with it?

25. shecky Guest

shecky