The HTC HD3 Thread - Introducing the stellar HTC HD3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wikoogle, May 18, 2010.

1. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Going by how many threads popped up about the steller Evo 4G phone, I think we're going to need an official thread to discuss the even more awesome HD3 phone, so here it is.

What do you think of the device...

P.S: The HD3 device's dimensions are SMALLER and thinner than the iPhones and yet the HD3 offers a screen that is one full inch bigger and thus offers a vastly superior more comfortable video viewing and Internet browsing experience. This is what I mean when I state that the iPhone wastes a ton of space with it's giant black bars above and below the screen.

From http://mobilementalism.com/2010/03/15/leaked-pics-and-specs-of-htc-hd3-one-word-stunning/

"This rather large beauty is the HTC HD3, a huge new smartphone from HTC that doesn’t just follow on from the HTC HD2, it blows it and every other smartphone on the market clean out of the water!

The HD3 looks set to come with Windows Phone 7 Series, which is a big deal in itself. But it’s the amazing list of features that HTC have managed to cram into the HD3 that is so jaw dropping.

Seriously, think of any hardware feature or spec you’d like to see in your dream phone, and the HD3 has it – in spades! Add to that the tasty novelty of being one of the first Windows Phone 7 Series phones, and the HD3 looks set to be one of the most anticipated phones of the year.

Don’t believe me? Check out the HTC HD3’s specifications after the jump.

HTC HD3 Specifications
    The existing HTC HD2 is a monster of a smartphone, and with its HTC Sense UI, is what we described as the best Windows Mobile phoen in the world.

But the HD2 was the end of an era. A great end of an era, it has to be said, but it was very much the end of the line as far as Windows Mobile phones were concerned.

No matter. The end of Windows Mobile seems to have ushered in a brave new world of super-advanced Windows Phone 7 Series phones, at least if the HTC HD3 is anything to go by.

Just check out these specs:

4.5″ AMOLED screen with 1280×800 resolution
    1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
    1080p HD video playback
    720p HD video recording
    8 megapixel camera with dual-LED flash
    Multi-touch screen
    Super-thin – just 10mm thick
    WiFi, Bluetooth and 3G connectivity
    4G connectivity for for blisteringly fast downloads that are over ten times as fast as today’s HSDPA phones
    1GB onboard RAM
    1GB onboard
    32GB external memory
    3.5″ headphone jack
    HDMI output for connecting to your HDTV or monitor
    1800mAh battery for super-long battery life
    Bigger screen than the HD2, but a smaller overall physical size: 115mm x 65mm x 10mm

By comparison, the iPhone's size is 116x62x12mm. The HD3 also offers a far larger battery and more battery life than the iPhone!

Add to this Microsoft Windows Phone 7 Series mobile OS, and you’ve got one of the hottest smartphones ever released."

Here's a preview of windows 7 phone series...

[​IMG]

2. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

As soon as I saw it was 'Windows' branded phone, and I immediately became disinterested.

3. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Windows mobile has been crap forever. But the new one windows 7 phone series, looks awesome and like a huge leap forward, so I'm excited to try it out.

If it still ends up sucking, there's always the awesome andriod based Evo 4G that's near identical to this.

Windows Series 7 and Andriod are the main competitors of the iPhone.

It makes sense to discuss competing products, alternatives and features that the next iPhone might adopt.

This isn't an apple owned site, we are allowed to compare the iPhone to it's main competitors here.

Note: I don't about the renders (which is why I didn't post them), but the specs and dimensions are being reported by a huge number of different tech blogs.

4. cowsrus macrumors 6502

those aren't the real pictures of the phone on the website are they? it looks extremely too basic to be all futuristicly smart and what not :rolleyes:

5. cwubbels macrumors regular

cwubbels

Leaked pics? Try someone generated the images (crappy ones at that).

6. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Someone said it was fake and I agreed. Why was that deleted?

I've done some searching and the specs seem off. This seems to be a fake mock-up someone has done. I could be wrong....not trying to troll here....just trying to verify the data.

7. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Is that giant panel missing 1/3 of it's colour pixels?

Don't worry, wikoogle has a history of posting this stuff. His first threads were of the now coming iPhone. 3 threads of wishlists, the first one being full of typos and mistyped technical terms, and gradually got the crowd to do a spell check for him.

Don't know what you trying at OP.

8. thirumalkumaran macrumors member

Ha Ha Ha...

obviously HD3 is a fake and there is no plans of releasing thephone by the name...

for the interested..

the next HTC phone is "Mondrain" WP7, all the specs what the hd2 had
    and obviously sense ui (but upgraded)

9. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

10. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

It was me that said fake.....cause it is.

11. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Instead of just saying "fake", why don't you add some reasoning as to why you think it is? It will be less likely to be deleted.

12. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

The specs are likely not fake, they are being reported by dozens of different blogs. The pics may well be renders (which is why I didn't post them), but the specs themselves are all over various tech blogs. Just because they blow the iPhone specs out of the water doesn't mean they are fake.

Windows Series 7 and Andriod are the main competitors of the iPhone.

It makes sense to discuss competing products, alternatives and features that the next iPhone might adopt.

I'll be out of contract by this time next year. I want and expect the next iPhone to offer a 4.5 inch screen, and a true redesign that doesn't waste so much space on the front of the phone. Otherwise, I want to be aware of what the competitors are offering because I'll be switching over (as I suspect many others will).

This isn't an apple owned site, we are allowed to compare the iPhone to it's main competitors here.

13. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Before the next person makes a comment about this being in the iPhone forum, read this:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9890961

All further posts about this will be deleted. Either respond on topic or don't respond at all.

Posts lacking substance are removed regularly. See forum rules.

14. Cander macrumors 6502

Are you sure about the Sense UI? I was under the impression the Windows Phone 7 licensing guidelines restricted changing the UI.

15. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

The problem with blogs is that they all copy each other and disseminate the same information, false or not. So just seeing it in multiple blogs doesn't make it any more likely.

The question is, do we have a credible source?

16. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I suspected that's what it was. I'll try to make sure there's more substance in the future.

Thanks for clarifying those rules.

17. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

No the question is, do we have a credible reason to think these are fake?

Just because the blog stated that they had a credible source, but would not be revealing the source, doesn't mean the blog is lying.

Tech leaks about nonapple products almost always end up being right. The fact is hundreds of engineers work on the products, hundreds of others test them, and share them with family members, and they leak info.

Hell, even Apple with its draconian security methods still has hardware leaks and spec leaks fairly frequently. That's the whole basis of this site after all, to collect and report such leaks.

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have read that as well which is a shame as I really hate the UI of Windows Phone 7.

19. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

A) Yes, because the Mondrian is the actual device leaked. This HD3 is something that seems to be made-up.

B) I can't find a single reputable source that's repeating this HD3 story. All of the sites are repeating this one source...QQ.com

Edit: In fact, it appears this guy made it all up....http://nak-design.over-blog.fr/pages/HTC_HD3_by_NAK_-2727167.html

Notice he refers to it as "MY Concept" here http://nak-design.over-blog.fr/
    And all of the pics are labeled w/ his logo.

Edit2: http://wmpoweruser.com/?tag=nak
    "Owners of a HD2, here is my personal concept of what I imagine the HTC HD3 will be like."

20. corriewf macrumors 6502a

21. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Those specs look insane! truly incredible... IMO 2011/2012 becomes the year when the phone specs and features(multitouch, pinch, gestures, keyboard etc...) become just good enough and standardized that you don't "worry" about it anymore... I mean 1.5GHz DUAL CORE Snapdragon, 1GB RAM, AMOLED screen. Much like laptops nowadays, just pick any modern laptop up and it'll be really fast in daily tasks, the "boom" of specs has gone away almost completely... the same thing might happen with mobile phones in 2011/2012.

I'm glad megapixel wars are slowing down, stop at 5-8max and improve the sensor/lens instead. They should go up to 1080p recording though, that's pretty much it.

Hopefully the resolution wars will end too, I mean.... 1280x800, my laptop has that resolution ffs!

Anyways back to the phone, killer specs... has pretty much everything, too bad it runs on Windows Mobile 7, I'm not sold on it, wish it ran the Android... but IMO they will release a "clone" version like EVO2 or something for Android.

I don't like how those concepts look tbh, I like more square with rounded corners look(EVO) with equal amount of plastic width/space on top and bottom like the iPhone.

Some exciting times ahead though. Competition is getting really fierce, I love that Samsung and HTC are constantly pushing the boundaries and packing their phones with the latest technologies.

EDIT: forgot to mention, how the HELL did they manage to cram a 4.5" screen in a phone with the same dimensions as the phone?

22. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Apparently you missed the part where I found this to be a user created concept. It's not real.

23. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

HTC HDX - The future, your imagination!

Specs:

Whatever the HD[X-1] has + more awesome!

24. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

You're an idiot. Thats not WinMo7. Its a Rainmeter config. Thats the nail in your posts coffin. Next time you post crap, try make it less obvious.