The I bought a new Macbook Pro 15" inch bug thread

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xieem, Jan 19, 2017.

1. xieem macrumors member

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if anyone has the same issues like I am having with my one month old Macbook Pro 15 retina Touchbar".

Where to start, I bought this Macbook Pro because I wanted to go back to the pro model, after coming from a 2015 Macbook Air (which served more than well), but it came to my notice that this new Macbook Pro has a lot of issues. To sum it up I'll make a list of my issues I recently experienced with my model, if anyone has a solution or has other issues feel free to add, it might help others in their search for a solution.

list of errors experienced with new Macbook Pro 15" retina:

Macos Sierra related issues

1. When using gestures including three fingers (to launch mission control), the desktop becomes unresponsive -> reboot required to get it back to work
    2. When swiping to widgets and going back to desktop the desktop becomes unresponsive -> reboot required to get it back to work
    3. appearing of the colour red (see attachment)
    4. Bose QC35 disconnects all the time (pairing again is not working and was working good before)
    5. Unresponsive dock (for example a stuck icon & downloads folder not opening when clicking on it)
    6. Sudden darkness of the screen (this might be because of an accidental touch of the touchbar)
    7. Clipping when playing videos in Chrome on Facebook
    8. When booting the pc there is some white thing coming up from the bottom for 2-3 seconds (i'll try to take a screenshot).

Hardware related issues

1. A stuck right side command button
    2. Warmth issues

If somebody asks the question what software I am using; I use VMware + Office 2016; Adobe Programs; Xcode; nothing fancy just the normal startup/developer kind of software.

If anyone has a solution or is experiencing the same problems let me know.

Attached Files:

2. Sanpete macrumors 68020

That's a handful! The warmth issues may also be due to software. Or they could all be hardware-related. Have you talked to Apple yet?

3. xieem thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I contacted Apple Belgium (coming from Belgium) and they advised me to do the AHT, that didn't gave any errors. But due to the fact that I am travelling a lot for work I can't really miss my Macbook, so service is kinda difficult. I'll probably get it checked when I am back in Belgium at the official Apple store.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

At this stage, that's probably your best bet. Good luck and update this thread on the conclusion of that visit.

5. xieem thread starter macrumors member

@maflynn I will, I am also curious if others are having these kind of issues, because to me it seems that quality check and control has been cut in Apples budget.

6. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Have you tried reinstalling OS X that would be your best bet, then try adding your software one bit at a time and see if any of that is causing the problems.

7. xieem thread starter macrumors member

@Samuelsan2001 That's a good plan and is scheduled for this weekend.

8. jacg macrumors 6502a

jacg

Did you use the migration assistant? My replacement was much more reliable but that might have been because I manually migrated, which was a total pain. Unfortunately the replacement had to go back due to keys that made a high-pitched popping sound.

9. honeybadger1022 macrumors member

honeybadger1022

I will say I had a 15in tbMBP with what seemed like a squishy enter key returned that immediately as it became fatiguing, new one is great.

As for the software issues, I have not seen any of the mentioned on my pro. I sat here for about an hour and cannot replicate any of them nor have I seen them in my everyday use. I hope you apple visit turns up some results.

Also, I started mine completely fresh with no import or migrations.

10. xieem thread starter macrumors member

@jacg I didn't use migration assistant (I try to avoid that), I did not use TimeMachine either, I backed up all my documents on an external harddrive and just moved those in the appropriate folders. I'll do a clean install this weekend and keep you posted.

@honeybadger1022 The right command button is sometimes even stuck, it doesn't have the same resistance as the other keys, sometimes "cleaning" it with a small piece of paper (as in going underneath the button) gives it back the key resistance for a good day. By completely fresh do you mean , fresh install or directly out of the box use? And do you we talk about the internet download install or through USB?
    --- Post Merged, Jan 20, 2017 ---
    For example the red bars are appearing in this review of the tbMBP (and he is mentioning some other problems that I gladly didn't have (yet))
    --- Post Merged, Jan 20, 2017 ---
    screenshot of point 8:

Attached Files:

11. honeybadger1022 macrumors member

honeybadger1022

When I said fresh I meant straight from the box. I re downloaded and configured everything without the aid of cloud based services this way I new no old bugs would carry over.

12. xieem thread starter macrumors member

Hi guys,

small update, since the release of the latest MacOs Sierra I didn't encounter much problems (here and there a sticky key).

But it seems to me that the machine got a bit slower, need to monitor that and didn't had the time to do a clean install.