The "I Bought an i7 iMac to get more apple stickers" thread

Discussion in 'iMac' started by fruitpunch.ben, Nov 25, 2009.

1. fruitpunch.ben macrumors 6502a

fruitpunch.ben

Come on, you know those beautiful white stickers was the real reason you splurged $2500 on a 2TB, 8GB i7.
    One of my good friends had a white Ford (BA for you aussies) stationwagon that was a dime a dozen back in Perth, but I knew it was his car everytime I saw it because of the apple stickers on the back window.

So share the best places and stories that you have put or seen others put those ubiquitous white stickers we love!

2. Jiten macrumors 6502a

Jiten

Um okay, I have a bunch of cool Apple stickers at home, can I trade those with your iMac, I mean you just want the stickers rite? :D

3. RexTraverse macrumors 6502

I have a drawer with like 10-20 of those. Sorry to be a killjoy but I can't think of a non tacky way to use them and putting them on the car, to me, just screams 'This guy has money! Please break in and steal stuff!'

4. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

That, and the countless Mac boxes in the backseat with only Apple stickers removed :rolleyes:

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

6. UrFatMom macrumors regular

7. Trek2100 macrumors 6502a

Trek2100

And they really look cool on a white board:D, if you can see them.

8. CompanionCube macrumors regular

CompanionCube

What I enjoy more is not being a sheep and upgrading my own proc, which is what I did.

Bought a Core i5 for $1899 and upgraded my own processor (bumped it to a 2.93 Lynnfield i7) and put in a 1TB SSD.

9. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

10. TennisandMusic

The chips aren't soldered to the board? And a 1 TB SSD? So you spent like 4 grand on your machine in total?

11. Gaijin de Moscu macrumors regular

Not a sheep indeed. 1 TB SSD's these days go for $3,500. That's quite a bit of cash to drop; but what's a few thousand for a true enthusiast?

Personally, I played with the idea but dropped it. For this kind of money, I'll buy the 1TB SSD with the rest of iMac attached to it in a couple of years.

12. plasticphyte macrumors 6502

And completely screwed your warranty in the process? Nice. I guess you're confident enough to repair your own logic boards if it fails?

:eek:

13. macchiato2009 macrumors 65816

14. inigel macrumors regular

inigel

I have a white LPG BA Falcon wagon with an Apple sticker too! Except I'm in NSW.:D